McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first Mclaren over the weekend - 2017 570GT (3K Miles). I am over the moon!!!! One of the best cars I have over owned.

I bought from a friend of mine's dealership so they knew almost nothing about the car and sadly due to it being a limited owned car I could not find much on google. Was hoping I could get some owners to help me (and I apologize in advance if something has been answered on here before).

1) My Radio keeps powering off and on again while I am just driving (I see it turn off then logo on screen until it comes up). I know its android based and I see you can connect it to a WiFi source. Is there a way of updating the radio on your own or is this Mclaren only?

2) My XM signal seems very bad also - lots of time its cutting in and out. Anyone else have this issue?

3) Someone told me I can lock the car by pressing a pad under the driver vent behind door. Also saw a video on this being done with a 570S. I feel inside and there is a pad but nothing ever happens when I touch it, am I doing something wrong? Does the GT have the pad but does not work?

4) Anyone know if the leather inside car covered under warranty? My A pillars look like the leather is peeling off at bottom and my steering wheel has a lot of cracks at the top.

5) Car says maintenance due in 26 days - Any owner give me an idea on what Mclaren does and costs for me? Just looking for some real-world information.

Thank you again in advance!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your 570 GT. I love mine.
Where are you located?
1) Was your car dealer serviced? They are VERY good about warranty issues, dealership might be required.
2)The cars are VERY voltage sensitive, so If you have the McLaren battery charger, pop the front bonnet and plug it in (that may fix IRIS issues)
3)The pad/button should work. your windows have to be up to lock the car. (see above about voltage)
4)Everything should be covered under warranty if the dealer is worth their salt. Parts MAY take some time to get, especially funny interior bits. Was this car parked outside a bunch?
5)I paid $1400 for the annual service from McLaren Atlanta, (but now I go to McLaren Charlotte they are closer and better)

·
Registered
94 Posts
So the first thing to find out is when the 3 year Factory Warranty is up. Make sure you have everything taken care of before than and extend the warranty if you would like (seems like a good idea with these cars). Most things, like your central display issue, has to be dealt with by a dealer.

I can definitely help you with the locking "pad" issue. Had a tough time figuring this out myself. Guess what? There is no pads (if you haven't figured that out yet). There are two little known mid-2017 changes that were made to the car. One was the switch to the one display dash from the 3 display dash. The second is the switch from the conductive touch lock buttons to the physical pad buttons. My 2017 GT has the 3 piece display and the conductive touch lock, which I'm guessing you have too. To lock the car, I just use two fingers and touch the area about 3 inches down from the top of the vent and 2 inches back from the door seam, on the outside surface of the inside of the vent (so I'm pulling my fingers against it). This will lock the door. It also works on the passenger side. With some trial and error you will learn exactly where the area is, there is no marking of any kind, so you can't see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts