McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got a few things figured out. Door opening is a breeze once Alessandro explained how to open the driver's and passenger's door with the remote.

When I drove yesterday, I used the Aero mode. When I was playing around today, I tried to put the air brake back down, but it would not go down. Does the car have to be moving a certain speed to get it to come back down? I was just idling the car in the garage, as it is raining big time today.

Who is the expert on the Navigation System? Tried to enter my home address as a favorite, and quit after complete frustration?

Going to get my registration tomorrow, is the serial number only within the left hand menu screen, or is their an additional location for the vin#?

Found what I think to be the car charger port in the front bonnet, looks like it uses the cigarette lighter adapter? Please confirm if this is correct. Port I think is correct is to the right of the hood latch.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
You'll find the VIN in a little window at the base of the windshield on the driver's side just like most cars and also written on the sticker at the base of the chassis, visible with the driver's door open, like so:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
424 Posts
The charger port is exactly where you found it. Underneath the port on the floor there should be a bag velcro-ed to the floor holding a factory charger.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mark
First congrats with your car
I also,, accidently, had trouble with that aero button. If I remember correctly I had to start tge car and hold that button for the wing to come down.
In N mine also idles strangely but the workshop told me it's normal so I frankly don't pay attention anymore.
Nav... No idea

·
Owner
893 Posts
Mark,
Charger's access is that cigarette lighter port you found inside the front bonnet.
Aero Info:
(The engine must be on)
If you are stationary... You can raise the aero wing by just pressing the button BUT it can only be lowered by holding the button in continuously until the wing goes down (takes about 5 seconds).
Whenever you are above (I believe) 9mph .... you can raise or lower the aero wing by solely pressing the button (no holding is necessary).
Initially, at speeds above 9mph the wing will perform a self-test:
If the wing is not raised, it will raise and then lower for this test action.
If the wing was already left in the raised position, then the reverse will occur: it will go down, then back up to the raised position where it started from.
Hope this is clear. :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks got it.

Now who is the expert on the Navigation system?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts