McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, so i took delivery today and just drove my 570s for the first time. Since it's a used car i just wanna ask some quick questions and make sure everything is normal

- When you accelerating, do you have to push the gas pedal a little bit more in compared to other performance cars? I drove some fast cars, and usually it's very gentle touch on the gas and it's gone. But for the 570s i feel like that first touch doesn't do anything, and I really need to step on the gas a little more for it to go.

- when you braking, is it normal that you can feel every single downshift? I have powertrain and handling set to normal. When I brake at red light, every time the car downshifts i can feel a stutter. Not a big one, but it is obvious enough

Sorry if i sound like a noob. Never drove a mclaren before, so I didnt really know what to expect. That first drive was such a weird experience, feels like im sitting on the ground. And all the attention it gets is crazy lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guy, so i took delivery today and just drove my 570s for the first time. Since it's a used car i just wanna ask some quick questions and make sure everything is normal

- When you accelerating, do you have to push the gas pedal a little bit more in compared to other performance cars? I drove some fast cars, and usually it's very gentle touch on the gas and it's gone. But for the 570s i feel like that first touch doesn't do anything, and I really need to step on the gas a little more for it to go.

- when you braking, is it normal that you can feel every single downshift? I have powertrain and handling set to normal. When I brake at red light, every time the car downshifts i can feel a stutter. Not a big one, but it is obvious enough

Sorry if i sound like a noob. Never drove a mclaren before, so I didnt really know what to expect. That first drive was such a weird experience, feels like im sitting on the ground. And all the attention it gets is crazy lol.
To me, everything you are describing sounds normal. Hard to say on the downshifts, but if Im cruising along in 7 and brake fairly quickly, then yeah I can definitely feel the downshifts. Im not sure if Id call it a full on stutter tho. I also have an R8 and the throttle response is very different from the 570s in that the 570 definitely wants to have you commit to the pedal before it sends you off like a rocket. Hope that helps. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very gentle on the gas is not enough to bring the rpms up to the point where the turbos are building boost. The car will also keep upshifting to a higher gear especially in normal mode under light throttle. Apply more throttle to stay in the lower gear long enough to build some boost and you will begin to accelerate rapidly. Sounds like you may have driven some N/A fast cars and not turbo ones.

Downshifts sound normal to me but I have a 12c not a 570s.

Lastly, congrats on the new car. Lots of information on here. Share some pictures and more info on the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
congradulations! i too took delivery of my first Mclaren this july. You will love it! I hve a 2020 600LT spider, not sure i can relate too the gas peddle issue, i touch that thing in my car and its a rocket👍 and yes the shutter down shifting Is def there I personally love it, you may also notice the breaks are heavy pedeled, but amazing. Spend some time in the car I believe you will love it. my last car was a
991.2 gt3 so I too came from porshe. one thing i wil say though is the rattle/noises you may begin too gear coming from doors and behind you seem too be in most Mclaren cars. My car has a really anniying rattle coming from drivers door around 3000 rpm so i am gonna take it in too attempt too correct. they have many posts on that if you experience noises in future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the car purchase! Sounds normal to me. I've noticed with these cars that the throttle can feel a bit hesitant upon take-off but you get used to it. The transmission sounds normal as well, these cars tend to feel quite connected with sensations.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree with the other commenters - this all sounds normal. Likely caused by your subconscious comparison to other performance cars you've driven. The engine has quite a bit of turbo lag if you're starting under 4k; the downshifts are noticeably more disruptive than upshifts; and sitting on the ground is a feature!

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
390 Posts
When I first got behind the wheel of a McLaren, I was concerned the thing was going to jump over something if I just touched the loud pedal. Made me reserved to give it the firm push it requires.

This transmission is like nothing else I’ve experienced. I too wondered at first if this is normal. The frequent and obvious downshifts when slowing, and the violence of the powered upshifts. Very entertaining. Enjoy!

·
Owner
535 Posts
I've never driven it in auto. It looks like I am in the minority.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts