McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
The costs involved with MSO parts are as impressive as what they can do..

from an earlier pistonheads article...

MSO additions in detail:
MSO Papaya Spark paint - £5,999
MSO carbon front bumper - £13,507
Louvred front wings - £6,615
MSO carbon bonnet - £7,732
Carbon engine cover vents - £5,455
Carbon vented rear deck - £3,130
MSO Track Pack (seats, harnesses, roll hoop) - £11,686
Contrast stitching - £1,091
Alcantara trim for roll hoop - £2,894
Carbon wiper system cover - £4,818
'Contrast colour theme' - £8,324
MSO branded door sills - £1,223
MSO painted wheels - £3,194
Extended carbon shift paddles - £2,137
Interior switch packs/wheel trim in body colour - £6,878
Vent bezels and cluster in body colour - £2,820
Titanium oil and water filler caps - £495 each
Carbon air brake - £4,309
Carbon rear bumper vents - £4,645
Carbon sill tops - £6,713

Someone involved with Mclaren had mentioned MSO on the 12c has been a very pleasant surprise in terms of earnings as the company had not expected the order flow to be quite as good as it has been. I suppose I personally would not go for a lot of what's on offer but I'm glad it exists and that there are people willing to pay for it...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Any idea what it looks like under the carper on the current sills?

I really dislike the carpet sills - was debating to replace it with alcantara.
Its the CF tub that you may have seen on the rolling chassis in the dealers showrooms. I looked on the first day I had mine.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks AML. Wish they put the rev lights at the top of the dash so it's easier to see

I like them low if they can not be on the top of the wheel like the 458. If your taller, you probably would not be able to see them through the steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I agree that I like the black dials against the white... Per the price list, would that be considered the "'Contrast colour theme' - £8,324"?

If I'm able to order a P13, I need to take notes :D

Two tone is a lot like the standard/base interior, which I always liked.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just window dressing Doug,a thin sheet of decorative CF stuck to the industrial grade CF tub...............Although i'm sure that's just simplifying it !!!
Not really, its not much different than Lotus CF cover over the aluminum frame rail. Same principal anyways. I like it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any idea what it looks like under the carper on the current sills?

I really dislike the carpet sills - was debating to replace it with alcantara.
Based on the showroom rolling chassis, it is pretty "raw" under the carpet. Keep in mind the carbon chassis is a form of injection molding, not aesthetically pleasing as perhaps a pre-preg layup may be. Sounds like the new MSO option for carbon sills covers would be an aesthetic overlay.

I share the same opinion on the carpet so I did the Alcantara sills and couldn't be happier. They put a bit of medium density foam between the tub and the alcantara so tactilely (a real word?) it is nearly perfect to me. They can also do a leather over the door sill but I was advised it may show wear from the door.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts