McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally managed to take some pictures of my 12C since taken delivery in January 2013.
The Specs are as follows:
Exterior Special Paint - McLaren Orange
Carbon Fibre Interior Upgrade
Carbon Fibre Sill Panels
Branded Floor Mat Set
IRIS upgrade with Meridian Surround
Surround Parking Sensors
Lithium Ion Battery Charger
Sport Exhaust
Lightweight Forged Wheels - Stealth
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Contrast Stitching on Dashboard

Bespoke Option Upgrades from MSO:
MSO Steering Wheel - Carbon Black with Orange Stitching
MSO Front Wheel Arch Louvres

Everyone else in this forum has said everything positive about this fabulous ride .... it is indeed true!:cool:

I apologize for the quality of the photos, pics are taken from my Samsung Note2.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a wrap for the first 3 months to see if I would like it.:)
The wrap could not reached the inner confines between the rear lights/grill and the body work, so I had it immortalized by having it resprayed at a local paint shop.:p

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Very well done!

I really like the front louvers and the paint change.

Would like to see a picture of the steering wheel when you get a chance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSO carbon wheel fully wrap in Alcantara with Orange stitching:p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
MSO carbon wheel fully wrap in Alcantara with Orange stitching:p
That's perfecton!

Asked the dealer last week about an Alcantara steering wheel and a few other bits before it ships - haven't heard anything :rolleyes:

I think we need a Mac Mod thread so everyone can see these special features.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Beautiful car! Very distinctive! Well done!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congrats. Very nicely specc'ed. What I have learned from this thread is that I need to get a Samsung GS4!! Those pics are amazing!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are the front louvers functional?
Not sure if this is true but I was told to understand it reduces front lift by reducing the pressure build up within the inner wheel well.:)

Was told to expect/experience some dust and rain gushing out thru the louvres at speed in more extreme weathers.:eek:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That's perfecton!

Asked the dealer last week about an Alcantara steering wheel and a few other bits before it ships - haven't heard anything :rolleyes:

I think we need a Mac Mod thread so everyone can see these special features.
Doug,

There is an MSO thread, can see there most of the MSO upgrades that have been done so far. Just probably needs a little LIFE! ;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not sure if this is true but I was told to understand it reduces front lift by reducing the pressure build up within the inner wheel well.:)

Was told to expect/experience some dust and rain gushing out thru the louvres at speed in more extreme weathers.:eek:
Spattering the windshield.......SAY IT AIN'T SO:eek::mad:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

Well RC33 hopefully you live in a region that doesn't have rain or dust, I'm sure it won't be that bad. If that was the case they never would have produced this product to begin with. Must say your car looks great, and I do love the louvers even with the potential issues. ?? Cheers.....??

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well RC33 hopefully you live in a region that doesn't have rain or dust, I'm sure it won't be that bad. If that was the case they never would have produced this product to begin with. Must say your car looks great, and I do love the louvers even with the potential issues. ?? Cheers.....??
Thanks guys and appreciate the feedback.

Actually, I live in a tropical country with really clean roads and would expect basically some light mist being drafted out thru the louvres in extreme downpour, i.e only if you drive really fast, otherwise it would not be an issue at all. FWIW, there is a mesh grille built into the inner upper wheel housing to prevent any heavier particles.:eek:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts