McLaren Life banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm not an owner at the moment, hope to be later in the summer. Currently drive a 2012 Nissan GTR and various bikes.

Have scoured the (very useful) forum but have a few questions and haven't had time to get to Knightsbridge;
What is the current situation with Iris/Doris and what actually works in the UK? Radio? IPod connectivity? Hard drive? Satnav?
Is McLaren Orange a metallic colour?
What is actually living with the car like in respect of getting in and out? I'm 6'2" and a stocky bloke?
Thanks for your time and patience.
Hi Naranja,the letter the owners had from Mclaren suggests august as the earliest time for Doris,it is finished but they have to run tests to get any bugs out,currently you have ipod and poor radio,enough to get you by imo,as for living with its easy for me(5,9) and i dont have the electric seats,i still DONT need to move my seat to get in and out .But on the electric option it moves back automactically so this would be a good option for you,and there is plenty of head room.
Without looking i would think the orange is non-metallic,but ive been wrong before so its easy to check up with a phone call.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks for that. I thought MO was flat but have seen an advert which quotes it as metallic, easily resolved...
I'm sure it will change my thoughts on any car, can't wait! Mind you, the GTR is incredibly quick, just not low slung or exotic enough at times...
defo flat,not metallic,we were all looking at one yesterday:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts