McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have been a fan of Mclaren for a while. Past cars have been Porsche GT3 and current car is a Ferrari Stradale. I'm thinking about purchasing a Nissan GTR, (nismo), 991 turbo or MP4-12c. I don't travel much and have a Range rover as a daily driver now. After Chris Harris did his comparison of the 991 turboS to the 12c, I am leaning towards the 12c.
Has any 12c owners had issues with the 12c? and how are the maintenance costs?

TY,
GB

·
Registered
11 Posts
No issues outside of those that are fixed under warranty, and even those are minimal - If you are going to go in the Porsche direction, I'd suggest waiting for the new GT3... the MP4 is surprisingly versatile, and extremely easy to drive in even the toughest of conditions - i've put 14kmiles on the clock in 9 months and have driven a variety of roads / conditions. You are close to Miller in Greenwich, where the service is excellent - I'd suggest you have nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issues outside of those that are fixed under warranty, and even those are minimal - If you are going to go in the Porsche direction, I'd suggest waiting for the new GT3... the MP4 is surprisingly versatile, and extremely easy to drive in even the toughest of conditions - i've put 14kmiles on the clock in 9 months and have driven a variety of roads / conditions. You are close to Miller in Greenwich, where the service is excellent - I'd suggest you have nothing to be concerned about.
Thanks,

Had a GT3, great car but looking for something with more comfort. Track days are over.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If track days are not one of your priorities then 991 Turbo or 12C. If you don't need rear seats then the 12C is the clearly superior car. In comfort more, the ride is superior to all 911 variants. In track mode - Its a RS with aftermarket suspension!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts