McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just purchased a 13k mile 2012 12C in San Diego this weekend and drove it back to Scottsdale, AZ! Absolutely love the car and I'm really excited to spend some more time in it. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. If there is anyone in the Phoenix area that wants to meet up for a cruise let me know!

- Reis

·
Registered
645 Posts
Enjoy and welcome

photos always appreciated

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice! How was the drive? Certainly has the best wheels on it. I don't think I have ever seen a front plate on these cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah love the wheels, also has the alcantara interior which I’m a big fan of. The front plate thing is weird, right? Wasn’t a dealbreaker but was a little bummed about it. I have till February on the extended warranty also which is a bonus. Drive was great, the 12C is so comfortable! Just put it in both normal modes and cruised. I did notice when i got home the headlights had a little condensation in them but this morning it was all gone. Any insight there?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Since Arizona is a one plate state, you should not have to worry about the front

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great! What’s up with the NY plates?!?
Yeah the owner bought it in CA and then moved to NY for work and shipped it there. Then covid hit and he moved back (Temporarily) to CA and shipped it back.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah the owner bought it in CA and then moved to NY for work and shipped it there. Then covid hit and he moved back (Temporarily) to CA and shipped it back.
Probably should remove his plates....no?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since Arizona is a one plate state, you should not have to worry about the front
I haven’t really investigated it but I imagine the bumper was drilled so the holder is probably not removable?
Probably should remove his plates....no?
oh yes already done, this is an older pic! Haven’t had a chance to do a photoshoot yet haha

·
Registered
272 Posts
Headlight condensation is common but obviously not ideal. It eventually can build up a mold/ discoloration. I wouldn't be to worried about it until then. I am a year into my 12c and agree, quite comfortable. When I get in it's sport/sport always though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think it would be covered under extended warranty? I haven’t tried sport handling yet but just trying to take it slow. Coming from a Maserati GT so this thing is a rocket ship haha.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I believe they are excluded from the warranty. @rnixon has posted some warranty information before that can help you know what's covered and what is not. Yes that's a big jump in performance.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It’s not covered Under extended warranty as mclaren says it’s cosmetic. It will dry. There is an upgrade cover where they take the light apart and replace the shell and reseal it. A body shop can follow the online instructions to open and polish them if it gets bad. Prob easier and a 1/2 day project that way then dealing with high dealership costs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats. Look up Scuderia southwest, the biggest exotic group that pre covid puts on a weekly cars and coffee. I have a 570 spider but don’t know if any local mclaren clubs. Alpio’s in Troom holds one the second Saturday of the month. FourtillFour coffee holds one for exotics the 2nd Saturday or the month. There are several other smaller ones in Scottsdale on other weekends

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s not covered Under extended warranty as mclaren says it’s cosmetic. It will dry. There is an upgrade cover where they take the light apart and replace the shell and reseal it. A body shop can follow the online instructions to open and polish them if it gets bad. Prob easier and a 1/2 day project that way then dealing with high dealership costs.
Oh great to know. It dried out over night so hopefully it won’t be an ongoing issue!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats. Look up Scuderia southwest, the biggest exotic group that pre covid puts on a weekly cars and coffee. I have a 570 spider but don’t know if any local mclaren clubs. Alpio’s in Troom holds one the second Saturday of the month. FourtillFour coffee holds one for exotics the 2nd Saturday or the month. There are several other smaller ones in Scottsdale on other weekends
Fantastic, I’ll look into these! I just moved from Portland OR and was used to my usual cars and coffee there but hadn’t sync’d up with anyone here yet. Looking forward to meeting up with some people!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on the car! Lots of McLaren enthusiasts here in Phoenix. Lot of events to attend as well including an exotic car meet at Fourtillfour every second Saturday. You can also check out Phxdriven, which is the supercar club here with good guys running it. Hope to see your car around - feel free to say hi if you spot my green 12c anywhere!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would get in touch with Ralph in service at McLaren Scottsdale if you haven’t already. They have treated me well after a rocky start with the previous owner. New Owner Mike Ward or Ralph in service has been a stand up guy when I needed anything

1 - 20 of 27 Posts