McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had it installed, sorry for the lousy cell phone pic's. In person the wheel is amazing, quality that matches the rest of the car in every way. The added thickness to the wheel is so perfect in the hand, and it really just enriches the cabin alltogether.
The carbon weave is the same as the rest of the wheel and the car and the back of the hub is covered in leather with silver stitching.

Could not be happier, thank you John at Macarbon, it really mekes the driving eperience that much better.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I like the stitching! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congratulation, i do not like that but it's your choice.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Now you need these from MACarbon - they're AWESOME!

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Why would you extend the length of paddles which are already exactly where they need to be? You need big paddles when they DON'T move - not when they do.

Or maybe the bigger question - why are you taking your hands off 3 & 9? ;-)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agreed that Mcarbon one is a beautiful and really i like it.

·
Owner
544 Posts
I know I am in the minority but I just don't get this obsession with carbon everything - it makes the whole cabin look dark and I cant escape the sense that it looks "shiny plastic". I can understand it on the parts of the car which lead to a performance enhancement but not as decoration...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Feels Perfect.

For any of you that appreciate a good BMW M steering wheel, this Macarbon wheel emmulates the thickness perfectly. I drive an M3 daily, had an M5 for the previous two daily drivers, and honestly, BMW, bar any other manafacturer, understands seats and steering wheels in position and feel the best.

Wheel thickness like my M3 is now perfect. I was actually worried it might be too big, but having driven it daily for a week, I can tell you it's perfect. Alcantera is my preference, some like the perforated leather which is also great.

The 12c NOW, has the best seating position and steering wheel in the business. Thank you again Macarbon.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I know I am in the minority but I just don't get this obsession with carbon everything - it makes the whole cabin look dark and I cant escape the sense that it looks "shiny plastic". I can understand it on the parts of the car which lead to a performance enhancement but not as decoration...
I'm with you; this fad has been ongoing waaay to long. The interior looks too gloomy with all that dark trim. And, it serves no purpose whatsoever, as far as I can see.
The aluminium trim looks more 'tech' to my eye. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm with you; this fad has been ongoing waaay to long. The interior looks too gloomy with all that dark trim. And, it serves no purpose whatsoever, as far as I can see.
The aluminium trim looks more 'tech' to my eye. :)
If it were real aluminium I'd agree, but silver plastic doesn't cut it.
I for one think the carbon interior looks great. It's not over the top.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Why would you extend the length of paddles which are already exactly where they need to be? You need big paddles when they DON'T move - not when they do.
I'm respectfully 100% with August on this. The 12C paddles emulate F1 paddles. I think they are functionally perfect.

Your steering wheel is magnificent.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You're not in the minority. I agree with you 100%. Not something I would associate with McLaren.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not something I would associate with McLaren.
They are one of the original innovators in carbon technology.

They've applied it tastefully to the interior and exterior, IMO. But if you like silver plastic, hey, your choice. :p I'm glad they off a lot of carbon choices. Yes, you can have too much, but at least they give you the option unlike some manufacturers.

Now BMW uses some funky "carbon fibre" fabric. Now that's just weird...

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
lol you haven't seen my turbo cayenne. Because its important to shave ounces off a 6,000 lb SUV :D its just a look and totally subjective of course

1 - 20 of 42 Posts