McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, My name is Sean. I just bought my new 12c in Dec from McLaren Toronto in December. They are storing in Toronto for me until April, as there is no way that thing is coming here until the snow and crap is gone from my end of the world. And was wondering if there was anyone else on the forum from Edmonton? Also, I wondering what everyone has done to compensate for no Homelink??

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a very small three button remote that I Velcro next to the rearview mirror. I can also move it from car.

Joe

·
Registered
191 Posts
Beautiful car!

It's not a huge deal that there is no home link.
You can just use the transmitter that comes with your garage door operator.

Also, Chamberlain came out with a a device called MyQ
You can get that app and the physical device that attaches to your door and then you can control it from your iPhone or android.

It's really cool. Here's the link.

http://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-control-products/myq-garage/model-myq-g0201

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
A good friend of mine is getting married to a girl from Edmonton. He was telling me about the weather there right before they went to visit her family around the holidays... Having a Project Alpha car laying in wait for you until the weather improves might be about the only thing I can think of to make the winter there even more unbearable :D

It's an amazing looking car though, congrats!

-Jamie.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Check out radar mirror. They are online, and can swap your rear view mirror for one with homelink. Can add other features too if you so desire.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Also, Chamberlain came out with a a device called MyQ
You can get that app and the physical device that attaches to your door and then you can control it from your iPhone or android.

It's really cool. Here's the link.

http://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-control-products/myq-garage/model-myq-g0201
That's seems like ALOT more work than a standalone remote. Last thing I want to do is pull out my phone, unlock it, launch an app, and probably enter another pin.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's seems like ALOT more work than a standalone remote. Last thing I want to do is pull out my phone, unlock it, launch an app, and probably enter another pin.
I agree.

It is convenient to check the status of hour things when you're out of town. or if you need to let someone in, you can control it from anywhere!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow. Great looking car! Congratulations. I'm sure I could do a search, but more exciting to hear from a new owner. What is a project alpha car? Looks like a limited production. How many made? Looks like a special interior and MSO rear bumper! Any details?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, yes it is a special edition. There're where only 6 made. It has the MSO rear bumper, louvered fenders, black paint roof and rear deck and some different interior stuff. It also has carbon ceramic brakes. So pumped to get it home...... Very unique forsure. Especially in Canada.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts