McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the new Iris for a couple of months, but have not had chance to wring it out. My initial impressions have been quite positive. I have noticed the time to initialize the system is noticeably longer, especially Nav, prior to today about 2-4 minutes to establish a 3D fix and start navigating. Today I took advantage of good wx and opportunity to end a month long dry spell of MP4 driving. It took about 45 minutes for Iris to acquire/track a sufficient number of satellites to start navigating. Initially, I chalked it up to having to update the gps almanac data, since it had not been driven/updated in a month. Once it started navigating, every worked as expected. On the return trip, I had the same experience, no accurate fix or navigation for about 45 minutes. It did generate an erroneous fix that placed the car in central OK rather than downtown Dallas, which was the last valid fix on shut down. So, this evening I made a quick run to the store, Nav initialized in about 5 minute an worked like a champ. Anyone else noticed this behavior? Normal or just the car's way of letting me know not to leave her idle for so long? The bad part was my wife was with me in the morning and rather impressing her with the upgrade's improvements, I had two opportunities to compare the Iris update nav to her Garmin... and not in a good way :eek:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That is why I have held off. Bound to be bugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts