McLaren Life banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Wasn't Ragnarok a prophecy that the world would be submerged in water with only two human survivors? In fact isn't that the same as the Noah's Ark story? Koenigsegg Noah doesn't have the same ring to it though.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I'd buy one just for the name, that's how cool it is.

That said, I'd be in for one of these based on performance and engineering merit (obviously).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
More info from CvK via Topgear.com

1400 bhp base
Every single part is new and not shared with the Agera
Car is slightly longer than the Agera
Lighter pistons
Higher roofline
Bigger wheels
Rear wheel steering
Few extra 100 rpm at the top end over the Agera
Active rubber mounts for the engine (like the Regera)
1000 kg of downforce at 155 mph
"There are plenty of gears" Maybe an 8, 9 or even 10-speed?

Link: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/pebble-beach-2018/koenigsegg-agera-successor-get-1400bhp

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
According to this article, The Ragnarok will have a different name when it goes into production in the next 2 years. Also it will have a nine speed transmission and they are only building 125 cars and 72 are already spoken for. The article is in swedish so you have use a translator to read it in english.

https://www.di.se/bil/koenigseggs-plan-kora-ifran-lagkonjunkturen/
Interesting both the limited numbers and nine gears. I wonder if Koenigsegg is planning to have multiple versions of the 'Ragnarok' or simply have 125 of the same car and that's it. In terms of the gears, it's interesting that CvK decided on nine gears, when talking about the Regera he said his inspiration was to remove all those useless gears that aren't in use at any given time because they're useless weight. I'm guessing here but that transmission has to be a very light (more so than the Agera RS's) gearbox, and 9 gears? is that for efficiency or top speed? Doubt efficiency is Koenigsegg's main concern.

Only time will tell but exciting stuff! I hope they include their FreeValve technology on this car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on instagram that this car will have 1750hp. If this is true this car will absolutely destroy everything out there.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts