McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I like the Z28 Edition better - believe it did the ring in 7:30 not to mention it was raining.

It's gone on a serious diet - including thinner glass.

They both offer the first built in track device - already having a 69Z28 it would be fun owning the pair.

The return of track ready cars - love it!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
My mom was driving and the dog was a passenger head out the window - it was dark but I don't think the headlights were on and the rain came towards the end of the run.

At just over 500 hp the Z28 full aero was built for the track unlike the Vette built for the 1/4 mile.

You know when GM makes a/c an option light weight battery rips out carpet special transmission etc things are serious.

The whole idea of owning a Healey 3000 and restoring it to a rally / race car and the 69Z28 is both cars were racers.

The 302 between Ford and Chevy were fun times - Chevy understated the 302 hp by at least 75 hp. I have an extra motor to build with ram air - 2 carb set up vs 1 which should add another 30 - 40 hp. These cars built racing in the US and I believe those days have returned,

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
While texting?
That's just illegal,so the time has to be Null and Void,what these manufacturers do to get one over the competition is just Unbelievable :rolleyes:

And Doug,you should keep control of your mom,but you can blame the dog,we always do !!!

·
Owner
893 Posts
Going to be a pretty amazing car. Finally Corvette will have a design and overall car worthy of the amazing performance.

If 620/650 is right, I bet it destroys just about everything in terms of performance.
This thing will be a killer at half the price of most cars in it's performance range; plus it's new 'Performance Data Recorder' is brilliant. :)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Impressive power spec, but to be honest I would rather they kept it normally aspirated, perhaps evolved to ~550hp and concentrated on making the car lighter. Despite GM's best efforts, the supercharged drivetrain and ancillaries added 100 lbs from the C6 Z06 to the C6 ZR1 and I am all but certain that this C7 Z06 will therefore be heavier than the base C7, let alone the last Z06.

Will wait to see final curb weight and fingers crossed that I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saw a nice silver one tonight. It's beautiful. Really nicely done. Depends on your purpose for getting one. The iPhone is nice. Heck, I have this great robotic toaster that's super well done. Love that thing. I just love well done things. It's ok if everyone else has it too. I'm happy if everyone has a nice tv or toaster.

But I get that sometimes the purpose of the thing is to show some individuality. Just depends on your interests.

I like stuff that's really purpose built and performs well. That's why I do not enjoy the uber high end watch market, because the time pieces actually tell poor time. Which is at odds with how I get enjoyment from an object: that it performs it's function exceedingly well, as well as being well built, and tasteful. Others enjoyment comes from how it's well built/the craftsmanship, and it's not about getting the time exactly right.

I find there are no right or wrongs in these things. There are it's right for me, or not my thing.

I can still respect those things even if they are not for me (like some mechanical watch that can account for a second adjustment every 400 years--a mechanical marvel despite it losing more time from its myriad of mechanical parts).

And I think the Corvette is worthy of a lot of respect (at least in most build years--they have a bum year every here and there). It certainly has it's faults (what things don't), but overall, it's really a job well done.

·
Owner
893 Posts
John,
I went to look at the new Corvette yesterday. Looks good, and the interior was quite nice also (the floor model did not have those nice sport seats that are an option). The funny thing was.... the general manager didn't even know that GM was introducing the 2015 Z06 at the Detroit Show in 4 days !!:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
There was a new 'Vette at a car show I was at a few months ago. The interior was a much nicer place to be than in any previous (well, in the last 30 years) iteration I've seen. It's not the car for me, but it is pretty nice!

-Jamie.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
John,
I went to look at the new Corvette yesterday. Looks good, and the interior was quite nice also (the floor model did not have those nice sport seats that are an option). The funny thing was.... the general manager didn't even know that GM was introducing the 2015 Z06 at the Detroit Show in 4 days !!:rolleyes:
It is amazing the lack of interest these guys have - it stems from upper management that used to actually eat sleep and drive their products.

I went to the dealer a few months back to inquire about the Vette and Z28.

Pulled up in the wife's Ford and could not get anyone to assist me.

15 minutes of walking around looking for a brochure. Went back to pick up the wife and she asked so what color and when is it coming.

I handed her the check and said ghost white.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts