McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening McLaren Life,

The team here at McLaren Newport Beach has been working diligently on providing our clients (and prospective clients) with the best financing and leasing solutions. We're very happy to announce our new Closed-End Lease Program! Our Closed-End Lease Program is applicable to all of our new 2014 12C Spiders.

Below is an example on one of our latest arrivals, a 2014 12C Spider finished in Volcano Yellow loaded, to give you an idea of the terms of our Closed-End Lease Program that is applicable to all new 2014 12C Spiders.

If you have any questions about the lease, we invite you to stop by our showroom located right on Pacific Coast Highway here in Newport Beach. To speak to a Sales Team Representative on the phone, please call us at 888.905.5474. We look forward to hearing from you today about your next McLaren purchase!

Best regards,

McLaren Newport Beach Team

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
If it were a Ferrari I'd say 3,500 miles were fine. But the 12C Spider is just so wonderful to drive, and feels so solid and bulletproof that you want to drive it everywhere and every day and you don't even think twice about how many miles you're putting on it because they're so enjoyable.

I have a 458 Spider and I barely drive it now. I'm basically just keeping it to either trade on my P1 or trade on the replacement for the 458 Spider.

Doing the math - at $2.50 per extra mile it would cost you about $20k more to drive 6,000 miles per year which isn't so bad if you divide it by 39 months. So the car would cost you about $4,500 a month (plus the $9,100 down) to drive 6,000 miles per year. That's not horrible.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah - McLarens are different from Ferraris. Mostly - their owners aren't sitting around shitting bricks every time their odo clicks a few miles, worried that when they get out they'll have more miles than the guy down the block (who is also obviously care-taking for the next guy).

While some ferraris hold their values incredibly well, try driving one 10,000 miles/year and see how that works out for you.

Oh and the McLaren is the better car by far. I forgot that bit.

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
I would be more interested in what an extended warranty would cost on the 2011/12 cars. McLaren should release that information!!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I would be more interested in what an extended warranty would cost on the 2011/12 cars. McLaren should release that information!!
Conversations I had, and from what others had posted last year (I think over the summer) were putting a warranty extension in the $3500 to $4000 a year range. This was for extending the 2 year warranty that the McLaren Qualified cars come with, but I think it's pretty similar to the three year version which comes with a new car.

-Jamie.

·
owner
227 Posts
warranty

Conversations I had, and from what others had posted last year (I think over the summer) were putting a warranty extension in the $3500 to $4000 a year range. This was for extending the 2 year warranty that the McLaren Qualified cars come with, but I think it's pretty similar to the three year version which comes with a new car.

-Jamie.
Problem is if you didn't buy it new you can't get extended warranty

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Problem is if you didn't buy it new you can't get extended warranty
If you bought a new car, or if you bought a used one from a dealer that was part of the McLaren Qualified program, it's my understanding you can extend the warranty. I'm not sure how it works if you bought a used 12c from someplace other than a McLaren dealer with regards to extending the warranty, but I'm pretty certain you would be covered under whatever is left of the warranty the car came with when it was sold new to owner number one.

-Jamie.

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
It would stand to reason that if your car is currently in warranty, that you should be able to purchase an extension. I will ask a dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I wouldn't mind that lease.

Seems like a fair deal and as it's been stated you could use it as a dd so a corporate lease makes sense.

On the other hand I think it's important to know what the residual is and what the sticker of car the lease rate reflects.

It's just an option so if you want to buy it out at the end it's good to know what the price will be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts