McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Caymen looks the biz in Porsche promo video and must be close to the template of the forthcoming mini Mac. Put a 400 bhp motor in there with Mac suspension and hike the price by £50k and Thunderbirds are Go.

surely Porsche will have a hit at it's price starting at £40k to £60 loaded.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The new Caymen looks the biz in Porsche promo video and must be close to the template of the forthcoming mini Mac. Put a 400 bhp motor in there with Mac suspension and hike the price by £50k and Thunderbirds are Go.

surely Porsche will have a hit at it's price starting at £40k to £60 loaded.
It's coz the BOXSTER has been a hit;).......Porsche will not have too much trouble selling these, and in a couple years limited edition will start to surface to keep sales sailing:);)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Damn. That new Cayman looks AWFUL IMHO. I was in it yesterday at the LA Auto Show, and it was even worse in person. The lines are dreadful. That said, I loved my Caymans in the past, so if this drives faster/better, then should be great to drive. Shame they didn't up the power

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Damn. That new Cayman looks AWFUL IMHO. I was in it yesterday at the LA Auto Show, and it was even worse in person. The lines are dreadful. That said, I loved my Caymans in the past, so if this drives faster/better, then should be great to drive. Shame they didn't up the power
I agree! Porsche used 997.2 turbo LEDS for the NEW CAYMAN WTF!!!! talk about parts SHARING!!!!! the BOXSTER looks way better with that design. Should go like stink though;)

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
The outgoing base-model Cayman was a compelling buy at ~$51k'ish... till the Porsche options/accessories tax kicked in for another $20k - $25k! Even the 'S' adding ~$10k & 'R' adding ~$15k to the MSRP still had "room" for some desirable add'ons... :D

With that said, a sublime performer & nice bit of kit! :cool:

I believe the "mini" Mac, namely P13, will be ~$175k+ stateside. Likely 911 Turbo-S/GT3-RS ballpark in terms pay-to-play. Presumed to be an NA 3.8L V8? A down-tuned twin-turbo? :confused:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the new cayman , very nice indeed .
+1. It is a fun car although Porsche/VW may fall to the temptation of adding to much Vanilla.

Looks much improved on this iteration but everyone to their own!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cayman handling is nearly as good as a 12C only with somewhat less power/torque.
Considering it has no hydrolic nor double wishbone suspension its pretty good out of the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts