McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of 570 gt about a month ago and the whole experience has been a bit of a disappointment, have had many teething problems with the car , wondering if any other owners have experienced same ?
Car has had to have brand new locks on both doors , the handbrake keeps jamming after use in wet conditions and now am Getting fault messages from the ECS system.
The car has been back to Mclaren for two weeks out of the four I've owned it and needs to go back again to sort the ECS fault .
Have managed to drive 400 miles in the month I've owned it and every time there's been some sort of problem.
Anyone else had similar problems?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Same story with my 570GT, 1200km. The cat spent more time at the dealer than at my place.Especially the esc fault, leading to limp mode seems unsolvable to them......which leaves the car undrivable.....Any more people with the esc problem out there?

My car's vin is 1525....and yours? Might be a bad sensor batch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same thing here..

Leased the 570GT just over a month ago and it will be in the shop for nearly 3 weeks already.

ESC limphome error - they said they fixed with an update.
Lift degradation error
Alarm goes off randomly 20+ times a day / all night. They are ordering a new door latch to see if that fixes it since they don't know what else is causing it.

Hoping to get the car back in next couple days. There goes nearly $3K of lease payment to have it sit in the shop..

·
570S Silica White
691 Posts
That really sucks, sorry some of you are having so many issues. My 570S is a year old next month, had the battery replaced under warranty a few months ago when it started popping some battery-related faults, but other than that no issues. After 3000 miles, I can honestly say this is the best car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
+1 on GT only or S as well.

Additional questions to folks whose cars have been sitting in the shop for multiple weeks: Did yous car have to be trucked to the shop? Does McLaren provide loaner vehicles when it is in the shop?

For instance, I will have mine (a 2017 570S) end of next week and being in WA state with no dealer, I worry about "minor" issues requiring to take a car to a McLaren service center. The nearest one is in Vancouver Canada (150+ miles) and the closest one in the US is McLaren SFO which is almost 1000 miles. I dont know if they will truck the car to Canada for warranty issues and if they will provide a loaner in the meantime.

·
OWNER - 2016 570S
201 Posts
Are these glitches unique to the GT? I have not experienced any problems with my 570S nor have I heard of these types of complaints about the “S” model. I thought that except for some minor differences the GT and the S were basically the same car.
As travel distance for service, I think the limit number of dealers in the U.S is the weak link in McLaren’s business model. I certainly hope that McLaren realizes this and has plans to remedy this problem in the new future!
Jim

·
OWNER - 2016 570S
201 Posts
Are these glitches unique to the GT? I have not experienced any problems with my 570Sn nor have I heard of these types of complaints about the “S” model. I thought that except for some minor differences the GT and The S were basically the same car.

As travel distance for service, I think the limited number of dealers in the U.S is the weak link in McLaren’s business model. I certainly hope that McLaren realizes this short coming and has plans to remedy this problem in the near future by expanding the dealership network!
Jim

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have had my 570S since July 2016 and am just about to cross the 5,000 mile mark. It has been a wonderful car and I had a fun day in Joshua Tree yesterday. I put on about 350 miles yesterday alone. I also took it out in the rain on Friday and had a great time.

Such a great car to get out and just drive.

I needed the new door latches and a washer fluid tank but so what. This car is amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I suppose that I am reasonably lucky that my dealer is about 30 miles away. But I'm not sure what the procedure will be when it has to go in for repair.

When I bought the car it had a paint fault on the petrol filler cap which was not rectified as promised before I collected it. I was offered a swap with another filler cap when the next orange car arrives in the showroom. Provided of course that the paint matches. I dont want it off the road in a paint shop if at all possible.

Both rubber door seals need attention. One is partly detached.

Today as I operated the lift, something let out an almighty groan?

Other than that the car is a dream to drive. It has done 1100 miles and today was magical because I got to try it out and it is a rocket.
It just keeps on giving.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
The esc limp problem seems specific to the GT....After the first return to the dealer, they said it was a wrong calibrated sensor. However, after having the car back, I drove for about 50km and I had the esc problem 5 times. When you stop the engine and restart, the fault is gone, until 10km further ahead, and the shit happens again....Car is now back to the dealer, they will connect the écu directly to the Woking facility to find the issue.I hope they do so!Otherwise for me, money back please and bye bye McLaren! I never had such crap service with my Porsche GT3's or Nissan GTR....

·
Registered
39 Posts
It seems that this is a GT only issue..

All of us GT owners are coming in and talking about all the issues we are having with brand new cars and all the S owners are coming in saying how 1 year+ with minimal issues.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have the radio static issue, random static noise, sirius and media player work fine... any solutions? i will see dealer tomorrow

and a plastic creaking under hard torque from stand still in the hatchback

that is all so far

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 2016 S (Picked up early September) with about 1500 miles on it so far. No issues at all. The only fault I have seen was that the Iris system crashed and rebooted itself once during a drive. (was back up and running in about 3 minutes, did not have to stop/restart the car).

·
OWNER - 2016 570S
201 Posts
It seems that this is a GT only issue..

All of us GT owners are coming in and talking about all the issues we are having with brand new cars and all the S owners are coming in saying how 1 year+ with minimal issues.

As a "S" owner, I'm not complaining that these issues seem to be isolated to the "GT", but I'm confused because as I sated in my previous post....I was under the impression that the two models were basically the same?

Jim

·
OWNER - 2016 570S
201 Posts
Continual stories like this remind me why I passed without having a dealer local to me. No way.

Maybe if McLaren keeps hearing that enough, they will realize that they need a much larger dealer network or at least service agreements with authorized service centers around the country:confused:

Pick up the pens (keyboards) guys and lets see if we can get this squeaky wheel greased!

Jim

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I wonder how many GT's are on the street now....not that much I think in comparison to the "S". And we hear already all these complaints.This could be due to the fact that McLaren doubled their production in adding a second shift in the factory (less experienced or trained workers???).
If we share our vin's we might be able to isolate the problems to a certain group of car production and inform Woking a bit more in detail.
Do you agree? My vin is 1525..

·
2017 570GT
53 Posts
My vin is 2024.
My GT is in for software update, rear quarter window rubber both sides, driver door scraping at bottom against sill, a rear quarter window metal trim discoloration, and hopefully they will hear back from Woking about the speedometer error I posted about previously.

Could someone describe this door latch issue?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts