McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's tired of her car, but doesn't want "his and hers" 12Cs. So now it's come down to either a Spyker B6 when they are released, or a P13 when they are released.

Which would you choose and why?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
The Spyker is certainly a cool looking car. Admittedly, I don't know much about it other than that. In choosing between the two, I'm guessing it'll be much about the aesthetic preferences of your wife... Though we don't know 100% what a P13 will look like, given the 12c and P1, I'm guessing the inside of the McLaren will be way more subdued than the Spyker.

If I had to choose one for myself, I'd go P13 assuming the inside follows the current precedent and that the outside looks like a competent mash-up of the 12c and P1. Not knowing the performance on either car means there really isn't much to make the decision.

That said, you did also post the question to a Mclaren forum, so you might get some biased answers :D

-nh4.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Realise that looks are subjective but I simply cannot believe anyone would not find the interiors of a Spyker anything other than ghastly I'm afraid....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Realise that looks are subjective but I simply cannot believe anyone would not find the interiors of a Spyker anything other than ghastly I'm afraid....
I find Pagani interiors far more grotesque. It's strange and I can't really explain it, but a Spyker makes me smile a little whereas a Pagani (all of them) just makes me cringe.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I find Pagani interiors far more grotesque. It's strange and I can't really explain it, but a Spyker makes me smile a little whereas a Pagani (all of them) just makes me cringe.
Hard to disagree with you there either. The early Zonda interiors were ok i think but starting from the F roadster they have just gone off the scale in being ridiculous. A bit of restraint would go a long way I think for Pagani......

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I disagree. True, the Pagani's are over the top. But not in some Dubai/Trump marble/gold way. Although I generally prefer minimalism and clean design, something about the interior makes it attractive to my eye. There is an art deco, ayn rand, bio shock, 1940's/yet modern airplane aesthetic to it, that I can appreciate as being well done, despite being over the top.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If my wife (when i get hitched...still young and single) wants a sports car, i'd most likely get her a Porsche C4S convertible or an Audi R8. Maybe even a California, as i think it is a wonderful car for a female enthusiast!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"female enthusiast"... wow :D what even makes a car good for a "female enthusiast"? Do Danica and Sabine agree with your selections? ;)

My wife has already looked at MANY cars and has eliminated pretty much all of them for one reason or another, either large (not daily usable) or small (doesn't like the way it looks). She's already eliminated things like 911s and R8s because they are way to common.

That's why I started this thread specifically asking about the new Spyker (just unveiled at Pebble last week) or the upcoming McLaren (yet to be unveiled). There is an extremely high chance it will be one of those two. I've tried to get her into a 12C spider, but since I've already got one, she doesn't want to "another 12C"

Thank you all for the replies so far. I have shown her the NSX but she isn't too much a fan of its looks, maybe after it's in its production form she'll pass more judgment on it. In the mean time, we continue the wait for 2015 when one of these 2 become available!

·
Registered
67 Posts
"female enthusiast"... wow :D what even makes a car good for a "female enthusiast"? Do Danica and Sabine agree with your selections? ;)

My wife has already looked at MANY cars and has eliminated pretty much all of them for one reason or another, either large (not daily usable) or small (doesn't like the way it looks). She's already eliminated things like 911s and R8s because they are way to common.

That's why I started this thread specifically asking about the new Spyker (just unveiled at Pebble last week) or the upcoming McLaren (yet to be unveiled). There is an extremely high chance it will be one of those two. I've tried to get her into a 12C spider, but since I've already got one, she doesn't want to "another 12C"

Thank you all for the replies so far. I have shown her the NSX but she isn't too much a fan of its looks, maybe after it's in its production form she'll pass more judgment on it. In the mean time, we continue the wait for 2015 when one of these 2 become available!

What about the new Lamborghini Cabrera? Circa 1340 kg dry and 1310 for the rwd. ~600 bhp. Price? Circa £185000-195000. And the best of it... Is that it's durable as a new Audi R8 and has warranties to match the exclusivity!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
One of the reasons I bought the 12c was the safety of the CF tub,now you know what my next question will be ;):)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

At the risk of sounding presumptuous, it sounds like the Spyker is more her type of car.

It seems like your wife has very discerning tastes which is good. It sounds like she is a little bored with most of what's out there and I don't blame her at all. Maybe looking at something older could also be an option? It's just a suggestion. It sounds like she has an eye for something a little more unique then what's currently out there.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
How about a Land Rover Defender Twisted Edition? Very rare , go anywhere and not too BIG.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
The Spyker is just a neat car anyway you slice it. Reliable Audi power is a plus from reliability stand point but a negative (to me) because I think not having your own engine classifies you as a coach builder, not a car manufacturer. I can see a Spyker in my future, I have also never seen one on the road or at a car show, ever...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Maserati Granturismo Convertible? Ferrari sound, plenty of room for shopping, GF's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts