McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do with McL I know, but wanted to share my latest addition. After much searching for a mint one, finally landed this last weekend. Am so excited, have lusted after these since they came out and I could not hope to afford one! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
one of the best backside out there... congratulation and glad you managed to find one :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All this 50th anniversary coverage of Porsche pushed me over the edge...

Interior is like a time capsule compared to 12C!

There are sooo many nails out there it is not true. Sad.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Nothing to do with McL I know, but wanted to share my latest addition. After much searching for a mint one, finally landed this last weekend. Am so excited, have lusted after these since they came out and I could not hope to afford one! :)
993 Turbo! Last of the "whale tail" Turbo's. Friend in town had one since new, sold it last year with over 50k miles on it. Still a fast car compared to most available today. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Must be a collectors car, the 993 Turbo.......last of the sporty 911 before they became BIG.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I also had one of those and gave me butterflies in the stomach.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Andy - am too young for one of those 70s monsters - a few old boys with pipes have them round here.....! Can't beat a bit of Pork!:cool:
Do you remember that guy from the Ring trip, inherited his Fathers fruit and veg business, had about 20 cars? He had an Interceptor and was only about 30! Hated pipes as I recall. You can't beat 7 litres of complete unreliability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took it for first proper drive at the weekend - feels properly quick, quite playful and you really have to concentrate driving it with clutch and throttle inputs, which is a refreshing change after paddle cars etc.

I just keep looking at it.....

God, I love cars.

A

1 - 13 of 13 Posts