McLaren Life banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Phil, yes..I have XPEL on the forward half, under the doors and on the roof. Also got modesta coating applied to the entire car too.
I thought it might. The shine on your car just pops in your pictures.

Your photo composition is outstanding. I love the way you combine the angles with light, texture and contrast.

Gotta ask, the large tall wood building, what is that?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I thought it might. The shine on your car just pops in your pictures.

Your photo composition is outstanding. I love the way you combine the angles with light, texture and contrast.

Gotta ask, the large tall wood building, what is that?
Thanks Phil...I obviously love photography and having a great subject certainly helps! Do you also have PPF/ceramic coating on yours as well? I'm guessing that yours is papaya spark or mclaren orange like your avatar picture?

And that building is the old planar building at the former Weyerhaeuser facility.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Thanks Phil...I obviously love photography and having a great subject certainly helps! Do you also have PPF/ceramic coating on yours as well? I'm guessing that yours is papaya spark or mclaren orange like your avatar picture?

And that building is the old planar building at the former Weyerhaeuser facility.
Jason -

If your love of photography is that of a hobby, your work is that of a professional! Seriously.

Yes, Papaya Spark, full Expel Ultimate Plus with Ceramic Pro over the entire thing.

I love wood structures and built a log home that is engineered to stand 400 years. The post and beam of the Weyerhauser facility really caught my eye. Totally old school with true to size timbers. Just beautiful and quite the backdrop for some of your shots. I would love to see a shot of the Paris Blue coming out through a door. Just a thought...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Jason -

If your love of photography is that of a hobby, your work is that of a professional! Seriously.

Yes, Papaya Spark, full Expel Ultimate Plus with Ceramic Pro over the entire thing.

I love wood structures and built a log home that is engineered to stand 400 years. The post and beam of the Weyerhauser facility really caught my eye. Totally old school with true to size timbers. Just beautiful and quite the backdrop for some of your shots. I would love to see a shot of the Paris Blue coming out through a door. Just a thought...
That's an excuse to visit my friends at DirtFish where this shot was taken. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes...here's a shot that I just edited. This is light painting. We used a LED 'light stick' to shoot 4 shots at 30 seconds each at different levels from top to bottom. I combined all four into this one shot you see below.
720S by Jason Tang, on Flickr

Oh and I do work professionally as a photographer..started out as a hobbyist and then that turned into a full blown professional career.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
That's an excuse to visit my friends at DirtFish where this shot was taken. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes...here's a shot that I just edited. This is light painting. We used a LED 'light stick' to shoot 4 shots at 30 seconds each at different levels from top to bottom. I combined all four into this one shot you see below.

Oh and I do work professionally as a photographer..started out as a hobbyist and then that turned into a full blown professional career.
Nice to see you back here more often Jason.

·
Registered
102 Posts
off topic, but jason all your iceland photos are incredible! we spent 2 weeks there a few years back and it's truly a photographer's dream.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
off topic, but jason all your iceland photos are incredible! we spent 2 weeks there a few years back and it's truly a photographer's dream.
Thank you! I had a great time in Iceland! I would love to go back one day!

On another note..here are some recent photos I haven't shared recently until now

458 Speciale vs 720S by Jason Tang, on Flickr

458 Speciale vs 720S by Jason Tang, on Flickr

Supercolors by Jason Tang, on Flickr

Supercolors by Jason Tang, on Flickr

720S on the loose by Jason Tang, on Flickr

720S and 458 Speciale on the loose by Jason Tang, on Flickr

McLaren 720S by Jason Tang, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
How do you get your pics to that size ? mine are always compressed to stamp size compared to yours here :-(

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Chris, I load my photos up on Flickr and then link them here. I don’t upload them onto this site. That’s how.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My local detail shop made the decals and applied it for me.
They look great. Does the PPF cover the stickers ? My shop did cover them, and the edges are kind of bad... probably going to get new stickers and either have them applied over the PPF, or just leave them off entirely.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
They put the decals on top of the ppf so they can be easily removed if needed. It looks much more crisp that way too. It would be slightly less crisp if placed under the ppf because of the extra layer on top. Overall I’m very happy with the way it turned out.

·
570S Owner
102 Posts
THAT's the BLUE

When I order my 720s in another year....this is definitely the color...with red calipers no question
beautiful car and really professional photo results - great job!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts