McLaren Life banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
You from Jersey as well?
Not anymore. Still up there for work from time to time. I'd bought my 570 a week earlier, and was jonesing, so I popped over there at lunch (office is in Woodcliff Lake) for a fix. Even with my knowledge of the tri-state road system, getting into that place was difficult, I ended parking in the BMW place next door and walking over. It was worth the effort, as well as a Speedtail, there were two Sennas, an Elva a GT in the same colour combo as my 570GT, a couple of 570S's and I think I may have seen the above-mentioned 720S Spider.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
218 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy it in good health.

I’m not even sure what that means...‘it’s between a Porsche and a Ferrari.’ Are you referring to the prestige of the mark? Because you can’t be talking about performance or general exclusivity...The 720s was an absolute game changer. Took Ferrari 3 years just to come out with something that was still a step behind...I love the Pista but the 720s flipped its finger to the super car world in 2017, and as of 2021 it pretty much still does.

As someone else said...most on here, including myself, own multiple brands. They all have pluses and minuses. There is no ‘perfect’ car or brand, but the 720s is about close as it gets, esp given it came out in 2017 and everyone is still playing catch up. Enjoy the goat. Cheers!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
PPF going on (taking 4 days).. my guy likes to take his time.. while doing the PPF and under the lighting, I noticed something interesting - the lower rear body cladding (ahead of the rear wheels) - on both sides - doesn't properly sit flush against the body. Again, on both sides - wondering if this is by design?

View attachment 213034

View attachment 213035
No This not normal but a known flaw coming from the factory. I had the same issue and the dealer fixed it with some internal clips. Have your dealer take care of it asap!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Btw I didn't know my 720 had the parking light feature. I think my 458 and other Euro cars had it but did not think the 720 had it....and I could've used that feature a few times. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Dealer update - as mentioned in this thread, the rear panel issue is caused by excessive heat. The dealer has the car now and is adjusting. On a side note - had a freaky issue with the control for the seat. I was on highway and went to adjust the seat a bit - the seatback position button stuck depressed forward - basically slamming me into the steering wheel while I was driving There was nothing I could do. I pulled off to the side of road as quickly as I could. Dealer said it was installed incorrectly at factory and is fixing. But what an experience. Never had that happen in my 25+ years of car ownership.

·
Registered
2020 Explorer ST, 2018 Merc, in search of money for a 12C...
173 Posts
Dealer update - as mentioned in this thread, the rear panel issue is caused by excessive heat. The dealer has the car now and is adjusting. On a side note - had a freaky issue with the control for the seat. I was on highway and went to adjust the seat a bit - the seatback position button stuck depressed forward - basically slamming me into the steering wheel while I was driving There was nothing I could do. I pulled off to the side of road as quickly as I could. Dealer said it was installed incorrectly at factory and is fixing. But what an experience. Never had that happen in my 25+ years of car ownership.
Yikes, that was probably alarming to say the least...

BTW, when you say cycle in your screen name, you talking about bicycles or motorcycles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yikes, that was probably alarming to say the least...

BTW, when you say cycle in your screen name, you talking about bicycles or motorcycles?
Yes very alarming. Motorcycles, I started this screen name back in the 90s, never changed it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts