McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned a 488 spider for a year and a half. I daily it and I’ve put 15k miles on it without so much as hiccup. I mean it’s been flawless. I’ve been considering trading for a very well option 720S Spider. I’ve been surfing the web and reading forums. As with most web searches, it’s hard to get anything resembling a clear picture. Truly, I’m so frazzled and this decision has been tough. I’m not even sure what to ask... I suppose I’m simply introducing myself at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Drive the 720S. If you love it, buy it, just make sure you have a McLaren warranty for piece of mind

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome
And don’t over analyze this
As above, believe what you see and experience. Most all else is someone else’s agenda

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Why make the move? Want more speed? IMO a trouble free car. Covered service. Daily driving its
Fast enough. I’d be hard to make that move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why make the move? Want more speed? IMO a trouble free car. Covered service. Daily driving its
Fast enough. I’d be hard to make that move.
yeah... I’d be doing it just to try something new. I love the electrochromic roof and the design... it’s a beautiful car!! Speed isn’t a big deal to me. I care more about build quality and design, driving experience. The auto magazines all say it’s the best of the supercars, but obviously that doesn’t take into account ownership experience. It’s a tough choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome
And don’t over analyze this
As above, believe what you see and experience. Most all else is someone else’s agenda
yeah that’s what I’m doing, over analyzing. I’m gonna fly out this week and test drive it. That should tell me what I need to know. It’s spec’d exactly how I would do it. It’s the luxury package with tons of carbon fiber and a $417k MSRP. The price is amazing. I won’t take the depreciation hit. Someone else already took it.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C and 2018 720S
17 Posts
I've just moved into a 720S and can tell you it is completely uncompromising. It's the fastest, most technologically-advanced car on the road, but it's also incredibly drivable and easy to enjoy. I think you'll also rather enjoy the McLaren company and community over that of those "other guys". McLarens love to be driven, and the more you drive it, the happier you both will be, though you are going to go through niggles as you would any supercar. In my experience, the warranty is really only critical for the first few years of the car's life, if it's being driven regularly. They break in predictable ways, and McLaren are really, really good about ironing that stuff out. Ideally, you'll buy a car that has been driven a few thousand miles, has taken the depreciation, and has already been fixed under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts