McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not having a lot of luck, missed a couple of 675LTs but did pull into the petrol station the other day to get these 650S'

It was raining and quite dark - I'm sure I'll get better when I get used to it but here's my first clip.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a spider but saw this 675LT this morning - again, a very poor quality clip.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I bet the local police just love you and that cam. lol I forgot what thread it's in but just wanted to let you know at the salt flats about 30 years ago I attained a speed of close to 267mph average for both runs. AND still I'm not in the 200mph club according to their rules there and at the dry mud flats. Would take too much technical explaining of why I didn't qualify. All I remember is front end felt like it was going to lift at end of run. Oh and it was so hot(no umbrella- my first lesson) it felt like my bones were bleached.

Are you a fan of Lewis Hamilton?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What on earth were you in to do 267mph 30 years about?

Lewis Hamilton owns an Appartments down the road from me (or he did when he was at McLaren - he might have sold it now), of course I'm a fan of his, but preferred him when he as at McLaren.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
nice blue...

I wonder which one that is...

might need to adjust the date on yoru video ! ?:)

going to be a good little thread this. !

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might need to adjust the date on yoru video ! ?:)
I'd love to adjust the date - but the the buttons to make any selection from the menu do not work. Did I mention that it was a very cheap dash cam?

I really should have returned it but have thrown away the box and as it cost less than a tenner I'd feel bad returning it so I'll just put up with the incorrect dates.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
I'd love to adjust the date - but the the buttons to make any selection from the menu do not work. Did I mention that it was a very cheap dash cam?

I really should have returned it but have thrown away the box and as it cost less than a tenner I'd feel bad returning it so I'll just put up with the incorrect dates.
we'll just have to do the time shift in our heads ! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
nice blue...

I wonder which one that is...
We do have a color option of "bourbon" on the 570, but I think if you made moves to get "scotch" as the below, a certain fan of single malts within the company might take issue...

>:)

-Jamie.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
By the way what's the best gopro model. I saw a black edition in Dubai last year I think. I did see a small version somewhere. I'll chip in for one but someone in GB has to do the work collecting and all that fun stuff.

http://shop.soloshot.com/

Solo shot is different. My daughters bring this everywhere. You can put it on a tripod and you carry a token and the camera follows you. They use it surfing, on trampoline, trying to do jumps in their race karts, on horses....on and on and on. I can't post a pic and they are making major movies. Guess I really don't care for the gopro for myself but they wanted a new one for an event real soon. In fact they want a few.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way what's the best gopro model. I saw a black edition in Dubai last year I think. I did see a small version somewhere. I'll chip in for one but someone in GB has to do the work collecting and all that fun stuff.

http://shop.soloshot.com/

Solo shot is different. My daughters bring this everywhere. You can put it on a tripod and you carry a token and the camera follows you. They use it surfing, on trampoline, trying to do jumps in their race karts, on horses....on and on and on. I can't post a pic and they are making major movies. Guess I really don't care for the gopro for myself but they wanted a new one for an event real soon. In fact they want a few.
The GoPro Hero 4 Black edition is the top of the range and very nice it is too - but at £317 excluding me more card it should be! A bit out of my price range even with free delivery.

The solo shot looks interesting if you want to film yourself doing something.

Cameras have progressed a lot.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yeah but Costco in the US is my savior. lol think bulk. The person that runs the day to day things at the big house had to learn this. For example buying toilet paper in bulk, they sell a big package say 30 rolls. OK but you need to obtain like 15 of those at a time. More than several houses on property and need to keep the storage closet full with these type of things. Not that we use so much stuff, just that there is ample supply there to use as needed.

If anyone wants to chip PM me but I'd rather someone else handle things because I'd do some stupid ass move like have some chip installed that would disable the camera if I was within a few miles of device. Kidding.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having said I won't return my dash cam it looks like I now have to as its stopped working. I'll get another one and see if that lasts longer....

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I've fixed my dashcam. It was just the power supply that broke. I tried with a different supply and it now works - the cable is a bit short so I might buy a longer cable ( I can just about stretch to that) so will hopefully get some more clips soon.

The GoPro idea was good but with only one person (thank you BC) willing to chip in I think we all realise that is not going to happen so you will have to put up with what I've got.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today 675LT

And a 650S

I saw another 650S on the way home but far to dark to catch with my dashcam.

As you might have noticed, it's reset the date and time so best ignore them.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts