McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Bought MP4 in California. The former owner said that he would send it me to New York, but now he says he is busy and this is your problem.
I'm currently gathering quotes through UShip.
Can anyone tell me about their experience shipping, and give me some advice about choosing to ship company.

·
Registered
BMW X3 2018
1 Posts
Hi. Bought MP4 in California. The former owner said that he would send it me to New York, but now he says he is busy and this is your problem.
I'm currently gathering quotes through UShip.
Can anyone tell me about their experience shipping, and give me some advice about choosing to ship company.
Be cautious when shopping many of the people online are just brokers and do not own their equipment and just try to find someone to haul it that will allow them to be competitive AND make the most margin.
To get your car ready it is best to have it cleaned inside and out, then take A LOT of photos the day before or the day of pickup. A good carrier should do this anyway. Most carriers want as little fuel as possible, all seem to want less than a 1/4 tank. The cost will vary greatly from carrier to carrier and route will play a huge factor.
Timing will depend on when they can work into your area (can take 2-6 weeks) for pickup. Delivery will be depending on how they can work their way down. They may have other pick-ups and deliveries along the way, they may not.
If you have any questions you can find more in different articles or blogs. Like this one about shipping cross the country.
I hope it helped you. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts