McLaren Life banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I personally don't see a 12C selling for $150k for a long time or unless it has high mileage. The prices for 2012's have bumped up a bit IF they are being sold by Mclaren dealerships with CPO warranty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Just picked her up today. This car is a joy to drive. One of the few performance cars I can stand the auto mode in. Its a bit weird to see the bumps but not feel them. I will take some better photos when I have time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I personally don't see a 12C selling for $150k for a long time or unless it has high mileage. The prices for 2012's have bumped up a bit IF they are being sold by Mclaren dealerships with CPO warranty.
Is this CPO a new extended warranty option? I haven't see any used ones listed with an extended warranty. Porsche does a great job with their CPO. Hopefully the mclaren program would be similar.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Mp4 Dream, are you getting the one I referred to you in Newport? Either way, congratulations! the first drive home is surreal.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
Patrick did you drive all the way home with the gas nozzle in the car... :D I'm just playing! Glad you finally got your hands on it - you have been waiting a long while.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Is this CPO a new extended warranty option? I haven't see any used ones listed with an extended warranty. Porsche does a great job with their CPO. Hopefully the mclaren program would be similar.
There is a thing called McLaren Qualified which is like a CPO. It basically extends the factory warranty. I'm not sure how long you can extend it, but I extended mine for an additional year (back to 3 from 2) for $3500.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
I too was unable to find these "deals" Mark speaks of. I do not doubt them. I have heard of Manheim & another dealer resource that tells the actual selling price of previous cars. Mark is correct in getting a great idea of what your car is worth by asking the dealer what they will give for it on trade - of course you will have to add to that as the dealer will resell the car. But their trade in offer is basically wholesale. If you can buy a car for wholesale, hell yeah!

The CPO option cars are only available thru the McLaren dealers - they give you 2 years of unlimited mileage, bumper to bumper warranty along with unlimited roadside assistance for the same period. Not a bad deal given many of the early 2012's are on their final months of warranty. (headlights, paint, tail lights, etc. replaced under warranty.... not a bad deal, worth considering the extra cash considering the price of the parts, like headlights....)

My dealer did not know of an extended warranty option thru Mac when I bought mine a month or so ago. I would love to have an extended warranty, but I have 2 years to figure it out thanks to CPO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a thing called McLaren Qualified which is like a CPO. It basically extends the factory warranty. I'm not sure how long you can extend it, but I extended mine for an additional year (back to 3 from 2) for $3500.
Thanks. 3500 for an extra year seems like a pretty good deal for a car of this price level. Worth the peace of mind alone. Not sure how much major repairs out of warranty would cost but probably don't want to find out!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.