be made any Brighter for the
Navigation
This for a 2013 Spider
Thanks
Steve:rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'd like to know if it can be turned completely off, rather annoying driving at night being lit up like a top gear star!!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I'd like to know if it can be turned completely off, rather annoying driving at night being lit up like a top gear star!!
Just keep your finger on the big round button to shut Iris Down,but I know you know that Gary!!
Doris wasn't so accommodating in her day

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've done that bit, but hoped that it might go a complete blackout..(even my van does!! :mad:)
It still has a mclaren text on it along with backlighting..
Agree its the best it gets but at night it still creates a strong contrast against the road - however my resolve so far has been to put my Iphone over the screen :eek: :D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I've done that bit, but hoped that it might go a complete blackout..(even my van does!! :mad:)
It still has a mclaren text on it along with backlighting..
Agree its the best it gets but at night it still creates a strong contrast against the road - however my resolve so far has been to put my Iphone over the screen :eek: :D
You need the MSO CF insert,a snip at £500,but that's mostly my royalties for thinking about it first:D
But it will have a chamois backing to keep Iris happy.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Only £500 :eek:, I'll have a pair in varying colours please.:p

Velvet backed if you'd be so kind...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Does anyone know if the screen can
be made any Brighter for the
Navigation
This for a 2013 Spider
Thanks
Steve:rolleyes:
Steve, I'm at the service centre on Thursday regarding some software fixes, so will ask the question/s whilst there

·
Registered
964 Posts
A super dry and sunny day, meant quite a nice ride out to Birmingham to get my car looked at :)
Well some back dating has been done to my motor regarding the software, pleased to learn that much of it is seperate - as in I am able to keep the latest mapping software but the sound software was back dated to a time it worked.
Phone still isn't 100% with some low down popping but they are aware and looking to find a resolve.
Thinking it's some sort of feedback from the microphone...

I asked the questions on the brightness and apart from the automatic dim for nightime driving, which I think was attached to headlamps, there is no other control.
Regarding my wanting to be able to turn the screen completely off, it was noted and will be put forward as a sugestion.
Pleased to say the sitting side by side with the tech, did make him understand why I'd want the ability.
Just need to see how it gets on..:cool:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A super dry and sunny day, meant quite a nice ride out to Birmingham to get my car looked at :)
Well some back dating has been done to my motor regarding the software, pleased to learn that much of it is seperate - as in I am able to keep the latest mapping software but the sound software was back dated to a time it worked.
Phone still isn't 100% with some low down popping but they are aware and looking to find a resolve.
Thinking it's some sort of feedback from the microphone...

I asked the questions on the brightness and apart from the automatic dim for nightime driving, which I think was attached to headlamps, there is no other control.
Regarding my wanting to be able to turn the screen completely off, it was noted and will be put forward as a sugestion.
Pleased to say the sitting side by side with the tech, did make him understand why I'd want the ability.
Just need to see how it gets on..:cool:
Glad you got semi-sorted Gary, sounds like a 'system restore' of sorts...
I've never had any problems with phone at all but, the radio drives me mad, just couldn't listen to XFM at all this morning. How is your radio?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes, semi -sorted but working progress :eek:

Until the very last update - the one I had done for the Sat-nav, the radio had been excellent with no cause for concern.
Since that update it's pretty screwed up:(, even with this back date/restore it gives terrible reception. However it does mean that I can plug my USB stick back in once again without it causing all sorts of other issues.
I had discovered driving down to Clivedon that the radio was infact swapping stations but far too late- at a point where the current signal had almost gone to static!
I listened to Radio 2 for the traffic all the way there and back and it did (if given enough time) swap to the stronger signal eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts