McLaren Life banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I am more worried about resale actually. No one has a crystal ball. These are all too trivial to me. I don't track my car and I don't drag race and certainly not in a 1/2 mil USD worth of machinery. For that I will take a used GTR.

Actually, to me, it's all about looks (which I admit the 458 has more flair and flare... more stylish in an Italian manner) and usability. I like the dihedral doors but worry about that as an everyday driver. I still have not figured out (no demo yet so I need to wait and see) how usable the MP4-12C is. The California is wonderful usable V8 GT and the 458 is as usable but I wonder if the doors on the MP4-12C truly becomes a hindrance. I go to underground carpark with cars sandwiched between cars most of the times. I just do not know if the doors (opening upward and outward) can be ok for me to scoot out opening halfway. The site is not fun but it looks like a px to pay for to have the dihedral doors which add a bit more flare to this cool car. I have always had a wish to get a car with butterfly or scissor doors... non conventional doors. It's cool to me. So to me, look and performance as well as fit and finish... It is unfortunate that it is shot down 6/6 times in terms of fun factor which also worries me.
i thought the same about the doors,so i did a test with the figures needed to fully open the doors,its about the same as a 911,but alot less than you need on a merc sl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.