McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to all on here who helped answer some questions and point me in the right direction. It's been a lot of fun keeping things quite hush (that will make sense to those who know my videos), but finally here's my new car:

Photo credits above and below: Michael Sannwald Photography

It was purchased from McLaren Manchester, who offered a fantastic collection experience. The spec is great, finished in Carbon Black beneath the wrap with carbon engine bay and panels, carbon side sills and arches, and a carbon and alcantara interior. The wheel choice is the lightweight option, finished in graphite with red callipers, and naturally the interior creature comforts are all present: Meridian sound system, IRIS navigation, heated and electric seats etc.

Immediately after delivery the car ventured to Dub Customs, where it was transformed from the original black to a ‘Shmee Blue’, using the latest 3M vinyl materials.

She's already paid a visit to MTC:

It was a bit of luck the weather was on my side for it.

Here's a little video tour of the car:

Now time to drive!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice colour, very unique, hope you will enjoy it! no doubt you will! :) are you keeping the R8 too?
I have sold the R8 already as it happens, to Bespoke VIP supercar rentals in London who have sent it under a new transformation too. I should have pictures of the finished car very soon but it's satin blue with blacked out wheels, windscreen surround, fuel cap, exhaust tips etc.

Incredibly happy with the wrap colour on the 12C though, it looks brilliant. I had hoped it would be nice and I'm still in that early stage of just seeing the car and feeling my jaw drop - I'm sure all of you owners know what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I have sold the R8 already as it happens, to Bespoke VIP supercar rentals in London who have sent it under a new transformation too. I should have pictures of the finished car very soon but it's satin blue with blacked out wheels, windscreen surround, fuel cap, exhaust tips etc.

Incredibly happy with the wrap colour on the 12C though, it looks brilliant. I had hoped it would be nice and I'm still in that early stage of just seeing the car and feeling my jaw drop - I'm sure all of you owners know what I'm talking about!
can you give us a quick compare between shmee blue and peloton blue? i'd love to know how they compare close up ! :)

truly looks great shmee.. well done... lovely!

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

Sounds great! I really do love that colour, its very unique, reminds me of the SLR blue McLaren paint scheme but not as bright and in your face! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick question, how do the McLaren symbols on the front and back get removed for wrapping??? Is that 3m's "intense blue" or "blue metallic?"

Thanks,
Ricky

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
can you give us a quick compare between shmee blue and peloton blue? i'd love to know how they compare close up ! :)
Too funny! :D

As said on FB Tim, that looks FANTASTIC!! Photos are great too, but what else could be expected? Looking forward to your continuing adventures. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Quick question, how do the McLaren symbols on the front and back get removed for wrapping??? Is that 3m's "intense blue" or "blue metallic?"

Thanks,
Ricky
They are just stuck on with double sided tape Ricky,and if damaged the are about the cheapest thing to replace,ie £25 for the rear script and emblem

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are just stuck on with double sided tape Ricky,and if damaged the are about the cheapest thing to replace,ie £25 for the rear script and emblem
A replacement rear badge I was quoted at £150...!

But yes, just some stick pads and a template to place it correctly.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
It is equally likel I misunderstood.

I've been very impressed by how well McLaren Manchester looked after me through some immense difficulties with paperwork and logistics!
Everyone there is a Star,and the service department is fantastic at every level,i only wish I had staff that dedicated,and mine are !!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts