McLaren Life banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
I must apologize then, because I thought you didn't want to pay the 300K MSRP + 150k ADM.

I didn't know you turned down your GT3RS allocation at MSRP because most people wouldn't turn down free money. My bad.

Its not that I dont want to nor am capable of paying the price of the cup of tea. I dont find value in that cup. 300k for an RS with a 150k ADM. Sorry- not for me. In fact for 300k Id rather have something else than an RS. Again- personal preference. And to be clear, before I decided to get out of the Porsche game I had an allocation for an RS secured (at msrp). Its just I decided not to go forward and changed gears. But whatever the reason, not sure why sure why my comments about Porsche are getting your panties so much in a bunch.

You like Porsche and will continue to buy Porsche. Good for you, continue to enjoy it. Me personally, would rather buy. a crappy mclaren.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I must apologize then, because I thought you didn't want to pay the 300K MSRP + 150k ADM.

I didn't know you turned down your GT3RS allocation at MSRP because most people wouldn't turn down free money. My bad.
So you arent really apologizing but continuing to be a sarcastic ass. All good. And I see the village idiot has given you a like. That in of itself is a huge accomplishment.

Cheers mate. Enjoy your Porsches.

· Registered
588 Posts
I am apologizing sincerely, assuming that you did get a 992 GT3RS allocation at MSRP but you chose to turn it down.

But then, you also mentioned something about 300k MSRP + 150k ADM. So I’m a little bit confused 🤔

So you arent really apologizing but continuing to be a sarcastic ass. All good. And I see the village idiot has given you a like. That in of itself is a huge accomplishment.

Cheers mate. Enjoy your Porsches.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I am apologizing sincerely, assuming that you did get a 992 GT3RS allocation at MSRP but you chose to turn it down.

But then, you also mentioned something about 300k MSRP + 150k ADM. So I’m a little bit confused 🤔
Why is that so hard to understand? You arent the only one who can get allocations at msrp in this world. Others can as well.

The current market for most however if you go to try to buy an RS is 150k adm. This has been verified by many people. @06viper got quoted this by a dealer. I know others of my circle of friends that have as well. I personally had an allocation which I turned down just cause I didn't want the car. And your free money comment is bullshit. There is not such thing as free money. Just because the dealer is asking 150k over msrp doesnt mean if you actually can pay msrp you are making money.

Who knows where the market is headed. Recall a few years ago 2016 RSs were selling well below msrp. And considering where the economy is headed, not sure where the Porsche (or Mclaren market) is headed either.

Regardless it doesnt matter. I didnt want the car at msrp nor at 150k plus msrp. Even at 300k I would buy another crappy mclaren over the beloved Porsche GT3 RS. I find Mclarens for my taste to be more enjoyable. I know that is hard for you to appreciate but understand there are different tastes and different likes out there.

What my choices are doesnt preclude you or anyone to partake in the Porsche experience. By all means do so. As I stated in my original post, Porsche makes some great cars. For me however, that experience with Porsche is over for now and Id like to enjoy my Mclaren experience if its ok with you. Or we can go back to arguing about how great Porsche is and how crappy Mclaren is.

I know what I would rather do.

· Registered
56 Posts
Why is that so hard to understand? You arent the only one who can get allocations at msrp in this world. Others can as well.

The current market for most however if you go to try to buy an RS is 150k adm. This has been verified by many people. @06viper got quoted this by a dealer. I know others of my circle of friends that have as well. I personally had an allocation which I turned down just cause I didn't want the car. And your free money comment is bullshit. There is not such thing as free money. Just because the dealer is asking 150k over msrp doesnt mean if you actually can pay msrp you are making money.

Who knows where the market is headed. Recall a few years ago 2016 RSs were selling well below msrp. And considering where the economy is headed, not sure where the Porsche (or Mclaren market) is headed either.

Regardless it doesnt matter. I didnt want the car at msrp nor at 150k plus msrp. Even at 300k I would buy another crappy mclaren over the beloved Porsche GT3 RS. I find Mclarens for my taste to be more enjoyable. I know that is hard for you to appreciate but understand there are different tastes and different likes out there.

What my choices are doesnt preclude you or anyone to partake in the Porsche experience. By all means do so. As I stated in my original post, Porsche makes some great cars. For me however, that experience with Porsche is over for now and Id like to enjoy my Mclaren experience if its ok with you. Or we can go back to arguing about how great Porsche is and how crappy Mclaren is.

I know what I would rather do.
I too have lost my interest in Porsche, they do make great cars and I still have a 991.2 RS for the track. but the dealer network has been overtaken by unadulterated greed, enabled by Porsche's limited production runs, and its not just ADM but service costs too - I don't want to enter a bidding contest just buy a car. I bought a 675 from McLaren Philly, the car and dealer have been excellent. So I have bought my last Porsche unless I find a 964/993 to restore.

· Registered
78 Posts
I bought a McLaren after being asked to pay $25k over sticker for a manual Carrera S. All my life I been a porsche fanboy without ever driving one.

There I got the "you need to pay extra because you need to prove to me that you really want the car and besides that's the current market." That comment left me with a very sour taste, like I didn't deserve the car. After being treated like I couldn't afford it when I could but just wasn't into paying over MSRP I still decided to put the deposit down thinking that it will get me closer to get a GT3 some years down the line... A month later I got a call from them to tell me that they were not making (anymore) aero package for 2022 so I pulled my order. I wanted the car EXACTLY how I wanted it. Then a whole month of back and forth passed in order for me to get the $25k back. A living nightmare. The funniest thing I remember was the Porsche rep telling me that me canceling the order was the best thing that happened because they got someone paying $50k over MSRP 😂 🤡

· Owner
1,220 Posts
Same here. I'm also 6’4” and won't fit in any Lambos. Ferrari the same. Tried to sit in the SF90 and even with bucket seat on lowest position my head wouldn't fit.
Just sat in a P1 today and was amazed how even in 2012 they managed to give so much clearance over the head.
Macs have a lot of headroom. My wife and I are on the shorter side and I just saw a pic of us pulling into an event. We kind of look like a couple of kids out in dad's car! We have the opposite problem! Sam...... feel free to bust my balls! :)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

· Registered
588 Posts
Hmm….my 918 has already been paid for with all the cars I sold in the last 5 years. Seems like free money to me 🤔

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Hmm….my 918 has already been paid for with all the cars I sold in the last 5 years. Seems like free money to me 🤔

Thats wonderful and fantastic.

Maybe start another thread on how great Porsche is and has made you millions. Maybe post some pics on IG about it. Not really relevant to this discussion of crappy mclarens.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I have Touring size seats in my 675 and my understanding is that the seat shell is the same as the Race size just different padding.
That is helpful to know. Ill see if I can get some info on changing out the padding. Im actually getting used to the seats and frankly it will never be my first choice again to get P1 seats. In the end- if I have to live with these, its not the end of the world. Enjoying the car despite the tight seats.

· Registered
588 Posts
I love this, which shows the type of ownership experience on this forum. I enjoy all cars, from all makes and I love/criticize them equally and fairly.

Don’t be butt hurt when you don’t get treated the way you wanted to on a dealer level, it’s not the manufacturer’s fault.

The dealers mission is to make money. If Mclaren had a robust portfolio of cars and a strong demand as Porsche or Ferrari, they will milk it just the same. Don’t kid yourself. The only reason why you could still get a 765LT with no games is because Mclaren doesn’t have the same demand when the order books opened initially.

I have driven the 765LT Spider and it’s a great driver’s car. I don’t have one and I didn’t ask for an allocation when it was still readily available. But this doesn’t mean I shit on the car because I don’t have one. I am very lucky to have owned and driven a wide variety of cars, so I appreciate them on all aspect. Trust me, there is no one best car, there are many ways to slice the chicken.

Thats wonderful and fantastic.

Maybe start another thread on how great Porsche is and has made you millions. Maybe post some pics on IG about it. Not really relevant to this discussion of crappy mclarens.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Just some additional observations. This car looks really good. When the 720 first came out, I was not a fan of the headlights. Over time the shape, the look has grown on me and its one of the most exotic beautiful cars.

The more I stare at the 675 with the roof scoop, man Im in instant love with the car. This will be a timeless car. Its 7 years old but looks like it should be a current model. This thing is really growing on me.
I don't own the 675LT but its base model, a 650S Coupe. And yes, I too think this car is a big hit in terms of its design. It seems to me that the car doesn't age. When I have the 650S next to my 720S, I just see two extremely exceptional cars, both of which will probably always be exclusive and very impressive in their appearance. Enjoy your two McLaren's, you have a wonderful collection, you own the best of the best!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

· Premium Member
745 Posts
I find it amusing that you didn't even mention/consider Lamborghini in your initial post of supercar brands. This confirms my experience that the typical Lamborghini buyer and the typical McLaren buyer are two entirely differently individual types.
I must have a dual personality, as I currently race a Lamborghini, and enjoy a McLaren roadcar! ;-)

· Premium Member
745 Posts
I don’t mention Lamborghini cause I can’t fit. Lambos are made for 6 foot and smaller individuals. Being 6’4” I have not had any success in being comfortable. Would love to own a lambo but no chance.
The stripped out Lambo racecars allow a little more space than the roadcar versions. I'm 6'2" and with helmet on can fit inside my Lambo Huracan GT3.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts