McLaren Life banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So, if the Taycan is the daily and you're offloading that soon, what will replace it?
I have a friend who swears by that car (he came from a G-wagon), and it's got me pondering the option...

Nice duo BTW, dream set-up!
See my initial post. Im just done with Porsche. Just cant stand the brand and its ethos right now. My Taycan has been in the shop for close to 3 weeks cause it died in a parking lot. They had it for 2 weeks for a software update about 6 weeks ago. The brand has lost its luster for me significantly. Have sold my GT3 recenlty- Taycan is next to go.

What Im considering is just a daily beater for the next 15 months or so while our house construction continues. Not sure what. Just something cheap that I can park outside cause right now I only have a 2 car garage till the new house is done.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Couple more thoughts after some more driving today:
1- the doors open wider than the 720/765. You need more space. I will need to rethink parking.
2- Turning radius sucks. I mean its terrible. I really need to keep that in mind when parking or doing U turns. Likely that u turn might turn into a 3 point turn
Like an 18 wheeler

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I can measure my P1 seats in my 675 and we can compare. I have the largest size. if you have the smaller size, maybe you can find a used set.
A little more than 14 inches across. Getting in and about is a pain- to be expected. But once seated it’s just tight in the hips. I’m getting used to it but I will never spec these seats again.

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

· Registered
2,516 Posts
I can measure my P1 seats in my 675 and we can compare. I have the largest size. if you have the smaller size, maybe you can find a used set.
I have p1 touring seats and had p1 touring seats in 675.

The 675 touring seats were so much tighter at the hips. I was convinced that they had made a mistake on the 675 and that they sent me the small type seats . I never pursued it because the tightness did its job on track (didn’t need a harness to keep me in my place but they were for sure uncomfortable for the first few minutes of every drive .

Reactions: Michaelj

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have p1 touring seats and had p1 touring seats in 675.

The 675 touring seats were so much tighter at the hips. I was convinced that they had made a mistake on the 675 and that they sent me the small type seats . I never pursued it because the tightness did its job on track (didn’t need a harness to keep me in my place but they were for sure uncomfortable for the first few minutes of every drive .
Yup. Its the hips where its a pain in the ass. Literally.

· Registered
40 Posts
With regards to Porsche- Im just done with the brand. The arrogance of the dealers, the need to kiss an idiot sales persons ass to get a 500 hp sports car, the ridiculous 50-100k ADMS which the Porsche fanboys just lap up, the taking the same basic car, adding some paint and trim and calling it a special edition- just not worth it to me. A new GT3 RS is selling for 300k and dealers are asking 150k ADM and they laugh at you when you. question selling above MSRP. The whole brand currently is just polluted. Its a shame cause they do make some decent cars but the entire Porsche ecosystem-They suck. Im done.

Funny. I really thought you were talking about Ferrari because here in Florida that describes them perfectly. No more Ferrari's for me!!

· Owner
1,226 Posts
Great 2 cars! I'm glad I was at the dealer to see you pick it up. The smile on your face couldn't be removed for anything! That orange 765 spider was definitely calling to me. However, they were quite proud of it at MSRP + $250K. I liked it, but not THAT much!

I feel the same about Ferrari. You know that after 30 years of them, starting and running the Ferrari club in AZ. The worst part of that whole experience was making excuses for the owners and dealers weren't complete asses.

If something happens and that 765 comes home, you know those comfort seats are yours, as the P1 seats fit me like a glove. What would make things easier for me is that I still love my Track Pack. Hopefully we'll see you Wednesday!

Reactions: Michaelj

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great 2 cars! I'm glad I was at the dealer to see you pick it up. The smile on your face couldn't be removed for anything! That orange 765 spider was definitely calling to me. However, they were quite proud of it at MSRP + $250K. I liked it, but not THAT much!

If something happens and it comes home, you know those comfort seats are yours, as the P1 seats fit me like a glove. What would make things easier for me is that I still love my Track Pack. Hopefully we'll see you Wednesday!
I’ll be there wed for sure. They asked me to bring my spider. All Elvas inside (with a few surprises) and 765 lts out front.

BTW- make an offer on the orange spider. It’s on consignment. you Never know….would suit you so well!!

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
With regards to Porsche- Im just done with the brand. The arrogance of the dealers, the need to kiss an idiot sales persons ass to get a 500 hp sports car, the ridiculous 50-100k ADMS which the Porsche fanboys just lap up, the taking the same basic car, adding some paint and trim and calling it a special edition- just not worth it to me. A new GT3 RS is selling for 300k and dealers are asking 150k ADM and they laugh at you when you. question selling above MSRP. The whole brand currently is just polluted. Its a shame cause they do make some decent cars but the entire Porsche ecosystem-They suck. Im done.

Funny. I really thought you were talking about Ferrari because here in Florida that describes them perfectly. No more Ferrari's for me!!
Ferrari for the most part has been good to me. Porsche- worst car culture ever.

· Owner
1,226 Posts
How dare he crop my car out! :)

I just thought of something with regards to a set of seats for you. There's a company in S Phoenix called, AZ Cycle Parts. Contrary to the name, they are essentially a breaker of wrecked exotics. They always have a number of McLarens. It would be worth a call.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts