McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally arrived yesterday, on my 56th birthday. The best present I've ever had!
I spent the whole afternoon driving it around with my wife on a beautiful sunny afternoon.
As all the owners can attest to, driving this car is an amazing experience. The engine, the suspension, the control. All out of this world.

I visited a friend via a small windy road with a very bad road surface, as is the norm in most small back roads here in Quebec. As you might suspect, I was very liberal with the throttle and the ride was phenomenal, the control nearly telepathic and the ride more comfortable than in my Jaguar XJ.

The only problem I've encountered was with the spanking brand new IRIS v2.0. Throughout the afternoon the GPS either couldn't acquire the satellites (where my backup Garmin had no problem) or would get stuck in a loop in the last stages of calculating a route. After numerous shutdowns and re-starts, a different problem would show up each time. On one occasion I couldn't even turn it on, the screen would stay blank no matter what button I pressed.

Otherwise the interface is really nice and crisp. Blutooth works like a charm and radio tuning is impeccable. I'll post more info on the new IRIS soon.

Here are a few shots of the car

Coming out of the delivery van and at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congratulations! Nice Spec.

Enjoy the nice weather(while you can);)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations! Nice Spec.

Enjoy the nice weather(while you can);)
Thanks Ritesh. Indeed the good weather won't last long at this lattitude. Unfortunately I'm already thinking about storing it in a few months.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
let me get this right......you have 14MY, with the new MK2 version on the Nav, and it still does not work....The one they want to charge 1000s to be retro fitted to earlier cars?.......This gets better.......you could not make this up....lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Great looking car. Enjoy her in good health.

Ask your dealer for help on the nav. It'll get sorted out.

Don't let the negativity ruin your experience of this amazing driver's car. It's like complaining that your supermodel girlfriend isn't good with directions.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!. The new IRIS is very much a 1.0 or 0.8 product. A complete rewrite. It will take a little tweaking to get it nailed down. You should give feedback and they'll start sorting it out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys. Honestly the IRIS problems don't bother me at all.
I know that the bugs will get ironed out eventually. This car is phenomenal and the rest is just icing, not required at all to enjoy.

Cheers

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congratulations, it looks fabulous. I can't wait for mine to show up in October.Just in time to store it for the winter.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you don't mine me asking. With who did they ship the car to you, Thorson's??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats! Jealous of the new IRIS! (C= Beautiful car. Enjoy the rest of the summer. I know I am.
lc

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Félicitations sur votre nouvelle acquisition Michel.
Congrats on your new acquisition, enjoy the thrills and the beautiful ride. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats with the car and a happy birtday!

This car isn't full of bugs but features

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you don't mine me asking. With who did they ship the car to you, Thorson's??
You are correct. This was all organized by Pfaff in Toronto.
Cheers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations, it looks fabulous. I can't wait for mine to show up in October.Just in time to store it for the winter.
LOL, I was affraid this would happen to me also but I was lucky indeed. I pushed hard too to get it delivered on my birthday (a Sunday) and Horst made it happen. Blessed I would say.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 21 Posts