McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a few pics from my local McLaren dealer (Park Place - Texas) of my new 2014 12C Spider that just arrived. Ordered it in July 2013, arrived today and my detailer will do his magic on the car the rest of this week. Once done, paint protection film will go on and I'll be driving her home next week to Austin. Finally!!!

This is my second McLaren, having previously owned (and sold) a 2012 Coupe. That car was optioned well (purchased used), but it was an early car and had a few things that kept me from falling in love with it. I'm a long time fan of McLaren as a racing team though and it was only matter of time before I added one to my stable long term.

There are cars I buy to enjoy short term and sell without (hopefully) losing much on, and others I option exactly how I want with the plan to keep and enjoy long term. My Aston V12V falls in the long term category, as does this one. The option list may give some of you heartburn but again my goal isn't to drive and sell, it's just for my own selfish enjoyment! :)

Options:
CF Wheel Arches, Seat Backs, Interior Upgrade, Diffuser, sill panels, turning vanes, engine covers
Full Leather Interior (carbon black/black), Contrast Stitching on dashboard (orange), Standard seats (non-electric!)
Iris (hopefully a working version this time)
Super-Lightweight Wheels w/ Stealth Finish, Carbon Ceramic Brakes w/ Orange Calipers
Stealth Pack, Sport Exhaust, Vehicle Lifter, McLaren Papaya (orange) Paint

From MSO I got:
MSO Carbon front bumper
CF Mirror Arms, Wiper System Cover
Spider Theme Stage One Paint
Alcantara Seat and Door Inserts in Black
Alcantara Steering Wheel w/ Orange Stitching
CF Extended Gear Shift Paddles
CF Instrument Cluster Bezel
Contrast Orange Stitching on Instrument Cluster Cover
Contrast Stitching on Seats (Orange)
Alcantara Door Sill tops (covers)
F1 McLaren badge

Cheers and Happy New Years!!!

Attachments

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
I applaud and respect what you have done with your car. Truly a wonderful spec!!! Any pics of the seats. I have not seen manual seats with a carbon back. Do they, indeed, sit lower than the electric ones? I wish that I had some!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fantastic Spec. I share your zeal. The option bill for my spider was more than the cost of my range rover.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Looks gorgeous! Can you please post some more pictures of the various interior options you specified. I'd love to see those in detail. Also please more close-ups of the rear bumper - is that an MSO rear bumper?

What is "Spider theme stage one paint"?

Also, if you don't mind, what was the total price of the car? (feel free to not answer this if you don't feel comfortable stating). I'm on my second 12C Spider, they were both bought new, but neither were ordered to my spec. After seeing yours I'm thinking my next one will need to make a trip through MSO!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Very nice, have fun with it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks gorgeous! Can you please post some more pictures of the various interior options you specified. I'd love to see those in detail. Also please more close-ups of the rear bumper - is that an MSO rear bumper?

What is "Spider theme stage one paint"?

Also, if you don't mind, what was the total price of the car?
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Mark - Attached are the MSO paint options for the Spider. I chose Stage 1 but they also do a Stage 2. I can dig up a picture of a 50th Anniversary car with the Stage 2 paint if anyone is interested.

My rear bumper is stock. They do have a MSO option for the rear carbon vents like the GT3 car but I decided against those. Once I get my hands on the car I'll take plenty of pictures of the interior and other optional bits and pieces. I'm curious as well, I didn't have any examples or even photos to go off of for a few of them.

I'm happy to PM you the pricing details on the car.

Jay - will you PM your build spec? I'm really curious to see what you did. I actually tried hard not to exactly copy your car when I was ordering my own. From the pictures I've seen, yours is perfect!

Happy New Year everyone.

Attachments

·
Owner
499 Posts
Can you get that front Mclaren emblem anywhere? The F1 Emblem.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Can you get that front Mclaren emblem anywhere? The F1 Emblem.
I believe the running theory is 50k USD in MSO options is the threshold for the heritage badge. I'm not sure if that is a hard set fact or not, but I'm sure others on here could confirm or deny.

-Jamie.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Although, I like the heritage part, but I'm rather fond of the Nike...I mean McLaren swoosh from a simple design aesthetic. And moreover, I like it in it's full blown colors.

For marketing value, I bet they'd make more money flipping things on its head. I bet you more people would pay if they made the square logo standard, the stealth swoosh an upgrade, and the red swoosh the "super exclusive give me all your money" option.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I believe the running theory is 50k USD in MSO options is the threshold for the heritage badge. I'm not sure if that is a hard set fact or not, but I'm sure others on here could confirm or deny.

-Jamie.
That's the hearsay I've seen on here. It is such a simple design though, maybe a group of us could just get a batch produced independently. Installation is just a special double-sided tape you can easily get from 3M (or a good detailer). Would anyone else be interested?

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's the hearsay I've seen on here. It is such a simple design though, maybe a group of us could just get a batch produced independently. Installation is just a special double-sided tape you can easily get from 3M (or a good detailer). Would anyone else be interested?
But then you wouldn't have earned it. Sort of like having a fake watch...?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts