McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for anyone that’s a potential 720 owner and wants to get into one, this could be an informative video for you. Check it out.

Also, if there is a way to put the damn wing down while the car is parked, please tell me. It’s severely annoying and inconvenient not being able to do so.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you swift. My dealer tech texted me 5 mins after the video and told me the same thing. I will update my video description to reflect this. I am very happy to hear this as that (and the brake feel) are the only things that actually bug me.

He also told me to send him pics of the CF separating from the steering wheel so he can send it to McLaren first thing in the morning to rectify. Talk about service!!

·
Registered
2019 720S Performance - McLaren orange
40 Posts
Like I told you great review Fadi . I really dont like the brake feel the most on this car . R8 had such of nice smooth and liner brake feel with CCM brakes .

·
Registered
2019 720S Performance - McLaren orange
40 Posts
So far I've had great experience with McLaren dealer too when I bought my car last week .They performed all the recalls, pulled the lower panels behind the door perfectly. They stick out even on brand new cars . They also replaced the suspension accumulators with newer updated version before delivering the car too me . Tech guy kept me informed all the time on the status of my car.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thank you swift. My dealer tech texted me 5 mins after the video and told me the same thing. I will update my video description to reflect this. I am very happy to hear this as that (and the brake feel) are the only things that actually bug me.
You can lower the wing without moving in stationary position with car running by holding down the wing deploy Aero button for 5 seconds or more.

They have this feature to prevent ppl from getting their hands crushed or you leaving cleaning supplies or tools under the wing, crushing it and damaging the system so be careful using this method.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've tried putting the wing down while stationary, worked once for me. Every other time (while stationary, again) the wing would go down and after I released the Aero button thinking the wing would stay down, it goes back up instantly. So I'd just drive the car to lower it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried putting the wing down while stationary, worked once for me. Every other time (while stationary, again) the wing would go down and after I released the Aero button thinking the wing would stay down, it goes back up instantly. So I'd just drive the car to lower it.
I am going to try it tonight and I’ll give an update on this thread. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just another irresistible excuse to drive the car👍

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I just tested this and the wing does indeed go down when the car is stationary if you’re in ‘Active’ mode and and you press and hold the ‘Aero’ button for about 3 secs. I am very happy to see this as that was very annoying. (y)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Once it goes down with the Aero button hold, if you turn off the car the wing will stay raised up just slightly - nice in-between of the stowed and normal up position. That how this photo of my car was taken.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seat Control: Just note that the buttons are laid out in the shape of a seat if you look at it from the side. Once you know that, it generally makes sense, though it is still a bit awkward, I agree. The nice thing is it has memory, so set it and forget it. If you got the comfort entry option, then it is even better in that the seat and steering wheel move out of the way to get you in, then go back to their memory once you are in. It also remembers the side mirror positions, which I think is nice.

Nice review overall!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Brakes are excellent in my opinion. I hate over-servoed brakes in other cars.

Seat adjustment is truly awful in the electric seats models. Manual seats are far better in every way, unless you need seat heating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts