McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive had some dealings with corporate Mclaren in the U.S. Just thought I would share this story since I am extremely impressed with their level of commitment. I was fortunate enough to have gone to the austin grandprix. Even more fortunate was that I won a Jenson Button signed limited edition Helmet. Of course, since I didnt want to just bring a big case and helmet back, the staff offered to have it shipped out for me. Unfortunately, Fedex lost the package... Mclaren USA took a lot effort to have Fedex finally track down the package and finally got it to my hands. However, things did not end there... the helmet came with some small damage, which according to Mclaren, Fedex was not willing to reimburse them... So end of the story was they are having a new helmet painted by Jenson Button's helmet painter and resigned by Mr. Button and sent to me. All this to make sure I was happy and satisfied. To me that is customer service and I am truly impressed. I am happy to be a Mclaren customer as I know they are taking every effort to take care of me. Now all they need to do is make sure the new helmet and shipping go off without a hitch ;):D

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice for you, and congratulations! But from my experience McLaren Corp is doing everything in their power NOT to have a presence in the USA. No contact info or anything on their website, just dealer info.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think though its really because most dealers are the contact window pertaining to issues with their cars... That might be the reason. I know any issues I have car wise would be to my respective dealer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice for you, and congratulations! But from my experience McLaren Corp is doing everything in their power NOT to have a presence in the USA. No contact info or anything on their website, just dealer info.
The websites of all major manufacturers are disappointing. One usually gets a flashy pic or two and a marginally functional configurator relevant mostly to the previous model year. McLaren seems the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
232 Posts
For what it's worth, in my view they have a long long way to go on the corporate side. Since handing my dealer a deposit 3 months ago, I have not had so much as an email from HQ. I don't know how many customers they currently have, but it is likely so few they could execute any kind of program imaginable at modest cost. They need to understand that they are selling an unknown brand for the same price as one of the world's most recognizable brands--they need the people who have voted with their wallets to be spokespeople for the brand. Ignoring us doesn't do much on this front.

It's a young org; hopefully they'll figure it out. As for me, I can't wait for the car to show up, and I'm thrilled with the lower profile of the brand.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I know what some of you are talking about. I called their American H.Q. once, and was asked by a young lady: "How did you get this number?" Almost as if I had stumbled onto a cloak-and-dagger operation. :cool:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My experience with Tony Joseph, Liz, and the rest of the US team has always been first-class.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I don't know how going over the likes of your dealership, is going to resolve any requests or issues you may have. In all of my life I have never had to resort to doing such a thing. It's like telling your dealership indirectly, that they suck and are incapable of satisfying your concerns. Yes at times the dealership may be at fault or not, but once again going over their heads is not the right approach. I would have to say it would be my last resort, but who am I, I'm a consumer who gets results from everyone I deal with. Treat people the way you want to be treated, it may not always work but it does for me. That said my dealership aka the front line is the bomb, no pun intended, I could not ask for more. Good luck. Cheers....??

·
Registered
983 Posts
Gotta say, Tony, Peter, Lynn, etc are all wonderful. Couldn't say enough good things about how they've treated me.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i have also had great luck with my dealer! Chad and Matt @ Mclaren Philly have went above and beyond since day 1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts