McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Spider also, and have also owned many Ferraris and Porsches. It is a lot of car for the money, especially compared to Ferrari. Carbon fibre tub, swing doors, and open top in a more track ready and raw package, I love mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am curious on how you feel the mac compares to the porsche and ferrari.

I haven't driven a ferrari but I've driven several porsches over extended periods. The biggest thing for me is the steering feel and the sense of connection. Part of that is the rawness of the 600LT but part is also the carbon tub and the way the suspension works with the stiffer chassis. I feel that the tech in the mac is in the construction whereas is more on display in the porsche. And there is more drama with the exclusivity and doors.

I love my 600.

Just curious.

SM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Singlemalt, my Ferraris etc were older such as a 360 and a 430 Spider, my Lambo was a Gallardo Spyder and I had a 997 cab so all pretty old compared to this new car. So it would not be fair for me to compare say a 2008 car to a 2019 McLaren as no comparison.

I did have a Ferrari 458 for a couple of weeks and that was brilliant but that’s now ten years old so again there is no comparison and the Mac is so much better in every way possible.

There will be plenty of others that can help you better than me who have experienced much more modern cars

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
189 Posts
I am curious on how you feel the mac compares to the porsche and ferrari.

I haven't driven a ferrari but I've driven several porsches over extended periods. The biggest thing for me is the steering feel and the sense of connection. Part of that is the rawness of the 600LT but part is also the carbon tub and the way the suspension works with the stiffer chassis. I feel that the tech in the mac is in the construction whereas is more on display in the porsche. And there is more drama with the exclusivity and doors.

I love my 600.

Just curious.

SM.
Mac compared to the above, my opinion:

Cons:
Very spartan interior, lower tech/pizzazz for interior and user interface, less creature comforts, electrical gremlins seem to be more prevalent (usually only requires a turn off and 30 second wait to correct), lack of aftermarket support and independent service centers, and if it matters, general public doesn't always know what they are looking at (had someone think they were looking at the new $70K C8 the other day, also get the nice Ferrari/Lambo comments all the time.)

Pros:
Driver feedback, speed, mechanical capabilities, overall mechanical reliability, cost/performance ration, etc.
These cars are amazing, a completely different level than the spec sheets suggest, or their price range competitors suggests.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having owned Ferraris, a Lambo and a Porsche I am 3 months in to simply the best far I have ever been in.
Everything works so well. It’s brilliantly modern and goes like the light speed. As you Americans would say, it’s awesome.

I cannot get enough of this car
Dittos!! After 1.5 years of 600LT ownership it has been absolutely brilliant and I love everything about the car. My 3rd McLaren and my favorite McLaren so far and the best drivers car I have owned. Its a blast everytime I get in and drive and I feel like a kid again going to an amusement park for the first time to ride the roller coasters. 😆

Cheers!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts