McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have debated quite a bit since my purchase last year about what to do. Aurora Blue is gorgeous in the sun especially with the metallic flakes. I did want to change up the look and make my LTS even more unique. So I then researched into the various films. Xpel was my first choice, but after a horrid experience with a Xpel installer that is supposedly very good and worked on over 100 Macs with Mclaren SF, I decided to go to the none other Premier Protective in Fremont (facebook.com/premierprotective). Highly recommended and reputable shop

They removed the bad Xpel job and replaced it with Satin Guard. After looking at samples from Prestige Satin Guard, Xpel Stealth and Suntek, the decision was absolute.
Comparison:

Some photos
20190824_085615.jpg
20190824_084124.jpg
20190823_195451.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
The satin finish looks really good. I think it shows off the lines and contours of the body work better than a standard gloss finish. I wonder if the colour also comes across better but I can only tell when viewing in person.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The satin finish looks really good. I think it shows off the lines and contours of the body work better than a standard gloss finish. I wonder if the colour also comes across better but I can only tell when viewing in person.
It actually looks even better in person. I was really on the fence initially, but am glad I did. The finish is deep and this film has a transitory finish that changes. In sunlight it is matte and when sunset or sunrise, it has a satin glow (you can actually see reflections). Very difficult to describe Satin Guard, but in quite a positive way Aurora Blue is enhanced. Icing on the cake is I can actually still see the metallic.

20190823_194858.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does your car have dry carbon or gloss carbon? If dry, did you cover any of the carbon, and if so, how did it change the look? Seems regular film over dry carbon kind of glosses if up weird, like the green car for sale in Dallas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
eternalthinker
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing