McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a big thanks to some forum members I now have my first video recording of attacking a racing track in some serious anger!

In particular the help of @unmac and @thebigo was priceless when it comes to making real use of the MTT in the 720s. In addition to that the advice to move to steel rotors was also quite useful... I'm using the Girodisc setup now. I think I would easily have worn out a full OEM brake set with the past 5 track days, in particular at Zolder :eek:

I recorded the Video with the MTT in my 720s. After following the advice of @unmac and being careful about the initial lap recording. Then I downloaded all date from the car, converted the HDF5 database to a .CSV file using @thebigo R based conversion tool. And I produced the below video in RaceRender with a template based on one that I received from @thebigo

The driving, well it leaves a lot to be improved (there is at least another 10 seconds to be found on this track. But I felt great :cool:
Please note that this stint was done with a passenger, it happened to include one of the best laps of the day so I chose to take this one.

Reactions: unmac

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, I've seen the video and it looks like there is still a problem with the conversion of the lateral acceleration. Maybe you want to check the data in the CSV file (column is named 'GFORCEL') and also the range property of the G-Force Circle in the RR project.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Thanks for sharing. We need more people to post their track videos.

This video set up is better then the one from the MTT software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts