McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the folks that have gone on the factory tours in Woking, how far in advance did you need to book them, and where does one go to try and schedule one (dealer / a contact at the MTC)? We're thinking of taking a trip over to the UK in the summer / fall of next year (so plenty of time) but I wanted to make sure that I had something of an idea on the lead time I should expect.

Thanks,

-nh4.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Speak to your local dealer,i doubt very much that you can make a call direct to the MTC unless you are already know as an owner,whereas your dealership could do that for you if your in the market for a car and can use that as a lever
Then again why not try!! Just ring McLaren automotive direct and see where the receptionist sends you :)

·
Administrator
2,696 Posts
Speak to your local dealer,i doubt very much that you can make a call direct to the MTC unless you are already know as an owner,whereas your dealership could do that for you if your in the market for a car and can use that as a lever
Then again why not try!! Just ring McLaren automotive direct and see where the receptionist sends you :)
+1 on speaking to your dealer. They should be able to set it up for you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I made arrangements through the dealer in late August. I am going 3rd week of October to see the final assembly of my 50th anniversary edition run down the line.

My Dealer ( Pfaff McLaren in Toronto) made all the arrangements. McLaren ever offered to pick me up.

I will report back as too the experience.

I am also touring Lotus and Aston Martin on the same trip. ( my wife is VERY understanding).

·
Registered
240 Posts
I made arrangements through the dealer in late August. I am going 3rd week of October to see the final assembly of my 50th anniversary edition run down the line.
Did this with mine, you'll love it. They usually don't allow cameras in but if you ask your dealer in advance, they'll provide a camera for your guide to take photos. Mine got sent to me on a McLaren branded USB stick in a presentation box. Nice touch.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am under the impression that the dealer has already made arrangements for photos, as they have asked that I send them copies upon my return to show others.

I do intend to have them take as many as permitted as this is surely going to be a high point of the ownership relationship with McLaren.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback guys! Hopefully by the time we're making plans I'll have a local McLaren dealer, otherwise I'll go through Miller in Greenwich... I do sort of like the idea of calling McLaren directly and seeing where I get routed... Might make for a good story even if I don't get on the tour list.

Zachary, I hadn't even thought about also hitting up the Aston facility as well... Hmm, that might be a tough sell... I might need the help of some UK locals on places that we could go to so my gf can be distracted enough to let me get my car fix (any place containing shiny rocks will be promptly put on the vacation banned list :D )... Maybe something like, "Hey, look, Harrod's, I'll meet you back here in two days."

-nh4.

·
Banned
37 Posts
hi

Dear Sir :
Good day.
Jiamparts is a certificated supplier of Alibaba and Global-Sources, with more than 8 years’ experience in turbocharger manufacturing and exporting field.
We get your information from Canton fair online, and find us in the same line of business.
1、
If our products are of your interest, please view our online catalog at http://www.turbochargerx.com/?sid=1e46e55c , updated daily. We will send you quotations once we get your specific enquiry.
Email:[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts