McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends, my name is David a 28 year old car fanatic and business owner in the NY area. I am glad to announce I am BACK in another Mclaren. I’ve graduated from my first (675LT) to this example pictured below.
Social handle is @Drivewithdavid

Owned the vehicle for about a week now. Fun fact only ‘11’ MSO Tokyo Cyan 765LTs were produced for the United States.

So let’s start with the obvious question, how is it? “I am blown away” first off whomever makes the traction control magic that can manage a rear wheel driven 750WHP and 3000lb missile and make it very predictable & controllable that PERSON deserves an award.

Overall review, the thing looks like it’s from another ERA or Planet. The acceleration is so raw and brutal, even more so excited when traveling from 60-130. This on a scale of 1-10 would be an ELEVEN, and god willingly I plan on keeping this vehicle forever.

Cons? Well like any race car, there is always something... these for me include the Key Fob is very temperamental. The soft-close doors are temperamental. And some other MINOR things that will be sorted out. And if that is enough to keep you from buying a car like this than I’d call you crazy.

I am known to DRIVE my cars HARD. Like really hard.. lol

I will try to produce some cool content, as well as push this car more than the average LT owner... Drifts, Burnouts, Track Times etc.

But, with these cars I have polished myself “a bit” to drive it as it was intended. Flames can happen, at a stand still but require too much revving (Do Not Recommend). Unlike my 675LT that with just a few short blips would throw 3-5’ flames 🤯 however when driving it spirited, and under load it will shoot a 6-12” modest flame under acceleration.

The sound? This is always my reservation with Mclaren, because I enjoy a vocal engine. The 765LT is certainly not my loudest or craziest, but it does sound VERY GOOD once she gets warm. I think I would be very happy with just Sport Cell / High Flow Cats. This beautiful machinery is just TOO muffled.

What Next? Welp as I mentioned I plan to DRIVE this car... let’s get some drifting going, let’s get some rolling burnouts, and more. Follow on Instagram typically to see my content first, already some Fly-Bys and Rolling Burnout content posted on @ drivewithdavid

Hope you enjoyed this write-up and I plan on doing a detailed write-up in the future. Till then CHEERS 🍻 and I hope you all have a GREAT day 🤘🏼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer some of the remarks...

Noble Motorcars, is one of my businesses I own and operate. My favorite business of my bunch.

Yes, I plan to allocate time this year into YouTube again. A car like this needs to be shared with the world.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You said only 11 Tokyo Cyan cars were made for the United States? I personally know of 4 more, including my personal 765LT, which has yet to be completed that are going to be Tokyo Cyan just FYI. So whoever told you that number is incorrect it looks like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You said only 11 Tokyo Cyan cars were made for the United States? I personally know of 4 more, including my personal 765LT, which has yet to be completed that are going to be Tokyo Cyan just FYI. So whoever told you that number is incorrect it looks like.
as of 4/1/2021 from Mclaren direct
“To date there are 19 units globally, 11 of these are in the US including your car.”

Not to mention I’ve been on top of a personal list of Tokyo Cyan Vins, I have the vins to about 12 of the 19 mentioned

765LT Registry helped in my research too

·
Registered
169 Posts
“To date there are 19 units globally, 11 of these are in the US including your car.”

Not to mention I’ve been on top of a personal list of Tokyo Cyan Vins, I have the vins to about 12 of the 19 mentioned

Gocha, nice to see another young 765 business owner on here! I’m a 29 year old business owner as well.

Reactions: shack and Cadster

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gocha, nice to see another young 765 business owner on here! I’m a 29 year old business owner as well.
Cheers 🍻 to that, lots of gray hairs but a 765LT makes it all worth it.

Did you get your 765 yet? And I’m assuming yours is Tokyo Cyan as well?!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Cheers 🍻 to that, lots of gray hairs but a 765LT makes it all worth it.

Did you get your 765 yet? And I’m assuming yours is Tokyo Cyan as well?!
Not yet, like I said in my earlier post in your thread, it’s not yet done. Should be the end of this month 👍🏻 And yes it is Tokyo Cyan as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not yet, like I said in my earlier post in your thread, it’s not yet done. Should be the end of this month 👍🏻 And yes it is Tokyo Cyan as well.
Ahh exciting! While I saw many photos online... there is nothing like this color in person.

Cameras have an exceptionally difficult time picking up the true color... but after seeing it in person I cannot say enough “I AM IN LOVE” with the color.

What interior did you spec and colors? As well as wheels?

·
Registered
587 Posts

Interesting. I tried to get that info for my Burton Blue and was told they didn’t keep those statistics (which I found hard to believe). So far I know of mine in the US and one in the UK. Haven’t seen any others but would like to know the real number.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What a work of art! Enjoy in good health!
Interesting. I tried to get that info for my Burton Blue and was told they didn’t keep those statistics (which I found hard to believe). So far I know of mine in the US and one in the UK. Haven’t seen any others but would like to know the real number.
I stopped keeping track...

but of course mine +
The gentlemen in this chat +

Tokyo Cyan

Matteuson - 593

Miller Motorcars? - 679

Ducka9to5 -

Wc_gt3 - 501

Mclaren Manchester

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not seen many burton blue examples at all

1 - 20 of 25 Posts