McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to purchase the MSO titanium exhaust for my 2019 570S. I currently have the upgraded sports exhaust. Does anyone have this exhaust, and if so, does it pop, crackle or burble? I know that I can get sport cats and an aftermarket exhaust. But I would rather have one backed by McLaren as this is my first exotic.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have the titanium exhaust it does not pop or burble really from the factory so I would not spend five grand or whatever the parts counter charges get an after-market one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
To me the best sounding exhaust I have heard on YouTube is the Larini. Like you I don’t want to go aftermarket though because of warranty so will stick with the sports exhaust. I definitely wouldn’t pay for the OEM titanium one - think any sound improvement is going to marginal at best for the $$ spent

The cars sound is the one really disappointing aspect. I went into this with my eyes wide open though as I t’s well publicized in various reviews. I am pretty sure I will get used to it soon enough and will become a non issue for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
To me the best sounding exhaust I have heard on YouTube is the Larini. Like you I don’t want to go aftermarket though because of warranty so will stick with the sports exhaust. I definitely wouldn’t pay for the OEM titanium one - think any sound improvement is going to marginal at best for the $$ spent

The cars sound is the one really disappointing aspect. I went into this with my eyes wide open though as I t’s well publicized in various reviews. I am pretty sure I will get used to it soon enough and will become a non issue for me.
I was looking at the larini sport cats. I’m fine with getting them as I heard they are good. Are they street legal in California. Their website says it should avoid legal issues as it is a sport cat. If I get it. Do I need to remove muffler boxes in my sports exhaust or can I leave it? Or, instead of sport cats. Would an aftermarket cat back exhaust sound better than the sports exhaust I currently have. I could save a lot of money too and be within the emission laws.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I was looking at the larini sport cats. I’m fine with getting them as I heard they are good. Are they street legal in California. Their website says it should avoid legal issues as it is a sport cat. If I get it. Do I need to remove muffler boxes in my sports exhaust or can I leave it? Or, instead of sport cats. Would an aftermarket cat back exhaust sound better than the sports exhaust I currently have. I could save a lot of money too and be within the emission laws.
There are no California-legal (i.e. CARB-approved) aftermarket cats for the 570S. Their comment does not apply to California, so is misleading, IMO.

You need to look here. There is only one company with a CARB-approved after-market cat for a McLaren - Magnaflow, which is approved for the 2013 12C only.

Does the 570S have an ISG?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the optional exhaust on mine and find it to be a disappointment in the sound department. I have an Akra on my Vette and love it. From what I have heard (pun intended), just the Akra on a 570 is not that much of an improvement. In my opinion, it takes a tune or down pipes or something else plus an exhaust to really make these cars sound good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have the 570S anymore, but I had the MSO SuperSport Exhaust and I think it was the best option, if you would like to stay with the "legal" options, depending on the country you live in. AND it pops and burbles.

Look here:

https://youtu.be/l0ml62arL0M
I’ve seen that video. My sports exhaust does the same thing. It does it because it is cold and that is the choke cycle. My exhaust does burble slightly on overrun but you can barely hear with the windows down. It’s easier for bystanders to hear it. I thought the MSO exhaust removes muffler boxes in the exhaust. For me it is $5,600+$1,500 for install to get the MSO exhaust. Wouldn’t a catback exhaust like armytrix valvetronic still sound good?

·
Registered
88 Posts
You are right, there are two issue:

1) from inside the 570S and the 650S sound poorer than from the outside.
2) I have heard the 650S even without anything as an exhaust (our technician showed it to me): even without anything back there, the sound is poor.

Whatever you try without cats etc is not an option for me, so I cannot give you a sufficient answer.

@Kfehlin: The Vette is not a turbo charged car, so you cannot compare that !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts