McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I must say that I'm in total agreement with what was said in that article. That deserves a three thumbs up okay two thumbs and one big toe???. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
"That is Grade A Wyoming-Grade Bullshit. The 12C is one of the most involved and rewarding driving experiences I've ever had. People also need to stop quoting Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear like he's the Pope."

I love that quote. Clarkson is a clown. He's about as much of a journalist as everyone at Fox News can be considered one.
Problem is he hasn't driven the 458, so this will still leave the question open regarding what's the better drive;

PcleezUTravis Okulski1L
Great read Travis. Out of curiosity, do you have a lot of experience with the 458? I know you drove the Gallardo recently, but Top Gear seems 458 obsessive.

On the design front, IMO this car in spyder form and in that dark red destroys the 458. Today 1:04pm

Travis OkulskiUPcleez11L
I have 430 experience, haven't driven the 458. I can't imagine feeling more of a connection to that car than I did with the 12C though. It was visceral on a whole different level.

There might be the argument from some that the 458 is slightly worse (in the handling dept), which makes it more engaging. I don't buy that though. Ferrari will have to loan me a 458 so I can find out.

They haven't agreed to it... yet. Today 1:09pm
Still, great review.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What's an MP3? I have lots of those in my IPOD. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
What's an MP3? I have lots of those in my IPOD. ;)
Sorry Mark - has a glitch :) I am an xbox guy!

The 458 is a great Ferrari - no doubt and MP4 is a great Mclaren.

Both showed their heritage when producing the two cars - why the constant comparison is beyond my comprehension.

We all know which is faster - the rest is simply subjective and let's please leave politics off the forum as we also all know that is also based on opinions.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sorry Mark - has a glitch :) I am an xbox guy!

The 458 is a great Ferrari - no doubt and MP4 is a great Mclaren.

Both showed their heritage when producing the two cars - why the constant comparison is beyond my comprehension.

We all know which is faster - the rest is simply subjective and let's please leave politics off the forum as we also all know that is also based on opinions.
Glad you are still liking the car. I have a friend looking at an MO Spider. Really want to try one out with the top up, and back glass window rolled down. Loved that feature on my Performante, and I am sure the Audi V10 guys do to.

·
Registered
886 Posts
And that was a fantastic article. Of course I agree with nearly all of it.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
And that was a fantastic article. Of course I agree with nearly all of it.
Back on track!! About time a journo has seen sense,great review.
(yes I know I am guilty of going off track all the time also,but lets embrace something positive here :) )

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Back on track!! About time a journo has seen sense,great review.
(yes I know I am guilty of going off track all the time also,but lets embrace something positive here :) )
Agree - proof is in the pudding :)

Being a part of FLife I have yet to heat of anyone trading in their MP4 for a 458 coupe.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Great point.

The lack of geographically diverse dealer network is driving the frustration. We here in the NYC area have 3 dealers within an hour's drive. And we all seem to be happy with after care. From what I have read here, no one with a local dealer has been too frustrated.

Great driving weather in the Northeast this weekend!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You're right. Makes me want to get out and drive but I have guests over and the two wont fit in the car. Will be forced to train it. Mac is my only ride these days. Hope you have some fun hitting the roads Walt. Weather is great!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My mistake of being unclear - it's opinions of political nature / base that aren't necessary.

Moving forward - the question is can Ferrari surpass the MP4 with the 458 Scud.

I personally don't think the platform is capable but if Ferrari does - comparisons will once again become interesting.
I think Ferrari can, but then McLaren will raise the bar again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts