McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
... kickin' arse & takin' names! I kid you not, it's real-time real-life jaunts like this that'll solidify residuals on the 12C! :cool:

·
Registered
691 Posts
This is why 458 drivers (or any other driver, for that matter) won't even make eye-contact on the 101. They know they're toast. I can't wait to see this race in spider v. spider mode!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's also the quickest way to tell if a car has mods or not - if they'll play, it's not stock.

<cough>GTR<cough>

·
Registered
239 Posts
McLaren should have launched the car with this kind of power; didn't they know Ferrari would provide the press with ringer cars? I agree the McLaren is a superior car and a great deal right now, but problem is that McLaren has not gotten a mainstream "do-over" against the 458 and probably won't until the Monte Carlo comes out and it will probably stomp the Mac, solidifying the general view that Ferrari is better.

Here's to hoping the supply dries up a bit and enough people in the market start to realize the 458 is not all that when actually moving under power to get prices to stabilize.

·
Registered
493 Posts
McLaren should have launched the car with this kind of power; didn't they know Ferrari would provide the press with ringer cars? I agree the McLaren is a superior car and a great deal right now, but problem is that McLaren has not gotten a mainstream "do-over" against the 458 and probably won't until the Monte Carlo comes out and it will probably stomp the Mac, solidifying the general view that Ferrari is better.

Here's to hoping the supply dries up a bit and enough people in the market start to realize the 458 is not all that when actually moving under power to get prices to stabilize.
I am hoping that by the time 458 monte carlo is released, the GT3 version of the 12c will be getting ready for production. I am looking forward to that comparison. Can you imagine our cars being 200lbs lighter with more power?! :p

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I am hoping that by the time 458 monte carlo is released, the GT3 version of the 12c will be getting ready for production. I am looking forward to that comparison. Can you imagine our cars being 200lbs lighter with more power?! :p
I believe the 12C "Scud" is already spec'd and will be announced as soon as the Monte Carlo is announced, which will annoy Tifosi to no end. It won't be 200 lbs lighter, more like 100, but the power increase should be significant and it will surely be the highest performance supercar anywhere this side of the P1 and LaF. Hopefully special spec Pirelli Trofeo tires will be a factory option, or at least a new deal with Michelin for Sport Cups. That's my hunch anyway with a little wishful thinking thrown in. :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Eh, who cares? You'll pay $350-400K to get into such a car and then next year it will be slower again when there is a 12C GT and the Lamborghini Gallardo replacement. And it happens year after year till infinity with every brand.

If you have to spend $100-150K more and use the GT version of the car to best the regular version of the other, that's not saying much imo.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Eh, who cares? You'll pay $350-400K to get into such a car and then next year it will be slower again when there is a 12C GT and the Lamborghini Gallardo replacement. And it happens year after year till infinity with every brand.

If you have to spend $100-150K more and use the GT version of the car to best the regular version of the other, that's not saying much imo.
I don't think Ferrari will be concerned with the regular 12C at all when marketing the Monte Carlo. It will be a runout special, same as the 12C scud will be a runout special. As was the Challenge Stradale, 430 Scud and 16M (not to mention 575 SA and 599 GTO). Problem for us consumers trying to hold on to our money is that these editions are actually that much more special than their base counterparts. They've got us by the jewels, if they do it right.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
I believe the 12C "Scud" is already spec'd and will be announced as soon as the Monte Carlo is announced, which will annoy Tifosi to no end. It won't be 200 lbs lighter, more like 100, but the power increase should be significant and it will surely be the highest performance supercar anywhere this side of the P1 and LaF. Hopefully special spec Pirelli Trofeo tires will be a factory option, or at least a new deal with Michelin for Sport Cups. That's my hunch anyway with a little wishful thinking thrown in. :)
Probably at the Frankfurt Motor Show? :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts