McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Nice share! The 16M almost sounds toy'like tinny next to the robust & throaty sounding 12C, in this particular comparo. I didn't expect such, very surprised. I'm sure the 16M is much more appreciable in terms of sound in'person, seems like its pitch/resonance range wasn't accurately captured by the recording.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice share! The 16M almost sounds toy'like tinny next to the robust & throaty sounding 12C, in this particular comparo. I didn't expect such, very surprised. I'm sure the 16M is much more appreciable in terms of sound in'person, seems like its pitch/resonance range wasn't accurately captured by the recording.
Correct - the 16M had to be shut off to hear the Mclaren but for some reason the audio didn't reflect a more accurate sound for the 16M from 5 - 7000 rpm's the 16M was extremely loud.

But it does make the point - the Mclaren sport exhaust is impressive.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for doing this. I'm a bit partial to ferrari exhaust sound, but the McLaren sounds good too. Reminds me of my turbo r8. Hardly anything to complain about.

That said, there is a 458 that drives by my place often. Sounds amazing.
My neighbor had a 430 with a Tubi - the exhaust note convinced me to buy my first Ferrari.

I agree the R8 and the MP4 - plenty of note!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Funny I'm always hearing people say the 458 sounds so great and the 12c sound rubbish. I think the Macca sounds fantastic in these clips

·
Registered
8 Posts
Totally agree we all like different things. 458 & 12c both great cars - just get fed up when so many people diss the 12c without having any experience of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts