McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this was really the surprise of the day. i didn't think the MP4 had any chance against the tuned FGT. both are my cars. i was driving the FGT and had a buddy drive the MP4 as that's the easier one to run. hope you guys enjoy the vid.

http://youtu.be/Voev2spgrLw

it was only the FGT that came close during that day. GT2RS, Ruf RT12, and most especially the 458 were so far behind. granted that the 34C ambient temp might have pulled a lot timing on the porsches.

i wonder what the extra 25hp will do once i get it. really happy with the car and hope to write some opinions about it soon.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Impressive for the 12C, seems to pull so well when it gets to (about) the three figure mark.
How heavily tuned is the GT and how did that run against the other cars mentioned? It must have beaten them comfortably too...

·
Registered
292 Posts
this was really the surprise of the day. i didn't think the MP4 had any chance against the tuned FGT. both are my cars. i was driving the FGT and had a buddy drive the MP4 as that's the easier one to run. hope you guys enjoy the vid.

http://youtu.be/Voev2spgrLw

it was only the FGT that came close during that day. GT2RS, Ruf RT12, and most especially the 458 were so far behind. granted that the 34C ambient temp might have pulled a lot timing on the porsches.

i wonder what the extra 25hp will do once i get it. really happy with the car and hope to write some opinions about it soon.
You clearly lose out on the shifts.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great Video! Thanks!!

Couple of points:

- The 12C lurches forward a bit on each shift.

- The FGT got an unfair advantage at the start. I would say the 12C would be much more impressive if the 12C driver got to use the "launch" feature.;)

- Repeat it from a dig after the update(pretty please)!

Cool Video... thanks again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Speaking about Launch Control, I tried it the first time now with the upgrades, and it really knocks your head back into your seat. I have to say, I have driven a lot of fast cars, but I honestly feel the 12C is the quickest stock car out there to 150 MPH.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Speaking about Launch Control, I tried it the first time now with the upgrades, and it really knocks your head back into your seat. I have to say, I have driven a lot of fast cars, but I honestly feel the 12C is the quickest stock car out there to 150 MPH.
I know you will all sigh !! But the best mag results for the 12c are 13.9 to 150 thats before platform 10,wereas the Aventador is at 14 seconds,i know its nothing but it still puts the 12c on a par and only 1 second behind the mighty F1,and the 300kph stat with platform 10 has improved by Mclarens stats by a several seconds to 26.5.Apologies for being Mr Anorak :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJevWGxbKk

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I put my Carrera GT against a 12c from a rolling start several times . not much in it at all . 12c really gains while the gt has to shift but gt seems to gain over 150 mph . you have to love the autobahn :)
that was the first time i stood up and noticed the mac . i was a " never driven it , believe the hype anti mac " until then and a spa trackday last year . then i was a convert .

·
Registered
380 Posts
I put my Carrera GT against a 12c from a rolling start several times . not much in it at all . 12c really gains while the gt has to shift but gt seems to gain over 150 mph . you have to love the autobahn :)
that was the first time i stood up and noticed the mac . i was a " never driven it , believe the hype anti mac " until then and a spa trackday last year . then i was a convert .
Wt: If you have CGT and a 12C, you don't need to ever buy a car again. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How heavily tuned is the GT and how did that run against the other cars mentioned? It must have beaten them comfortably too...
pulley and tune with accufab throttle body. should be making around 700hp. and yes it did beat all of those cars as well. it was one of the fastest cars on our event last year.

Interesting. On paper, 12C should not beat the 2RS.
i thought it would be close but the 12C pulls very strong at the top end (around 4th gear).

You clearly lose out on the shifts.
that's for sure. i still think the FGT pulls harder given the stronger engine but it's a fact that you will have to shift several times. i don't think you can shift that much faster than i did to overcome the lead the 12C had on the FGT at the end of the mile.

- Repeat it from a dig after the update(pretty please)!
sorry but i don't really launch my cars. i prefer doing rolling starts so that there's less stress on the car.

hopefully we can do a run against an aventador in the future. but what we found out is that the 12C is really strong up top, well deep into the triple digits is where it shines. at the end of that mile our speedo indicated speed is always past 300km/h. and it can do it over and over again (back to back) with ease and fool proof from the driver -just watch the light turn red and click on the paddle :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
pulley and tune with accufab throttle body. should be making around 700hp. and yes it did beat all of those cars as well. it was one of the fastest cars on our event last year.

i thought it would be close but the 12C pulls very strong at the top end (around 4th gear).

that's for sure. i still think the FGT pulls harder given the stronger engine but it's a fact that you will have to shift several times. i don't think you can shift that much faster than i did to overcome the lead the 12C had on the FGT at the end of the mile.

sorry but i don't really launch my cars. i prefer doing rolling starts so that there's less stress on the car.

hopefully we can do a run against an aventador in the future. but what we found out is that the 12C is really strong up top, well deep into the triple digits is where it shines. at the end of that mile our speedo indicated speed is always past 300km/h. and it can do it over and over again (back to back) with ease and fool proof from the driver -just watch the light turn red and click on the paddle :)
Great Post, you have two terrific cars, the Ford GT is one of my favorite cars. You have the best of both worlds the last of the Analog Cars in the GT and one of the best Digital Cars in the 12C.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
here is the MP4 v. 2012 458

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvnxGkNTvg&feature=youtu.be

the guy even used launch control from a dig and i just stepped on the gas. i don't know if there's something wrong with the car but it was utterly gutless when i drove it. shame really considering it does look good especially the interior. but it did rev fast and sounded good.

that car apparently ran 320km/h en route to the event and all the other guys that were with him said the car was really strong.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
here is the MP4 v. 2012 458

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvnxGkNTvg&feature=youtu.be

the guy even used launch control from a dig and i just stepped on the gas. i don't know if there's something wrong with the car but it was utterly gutless when i drove it. shame really considering it does look good especially the interior. but it did rev fast and sounded good.

that car apparently ran 320km/h on the way en route to the event and all the other guys that were with him said the car was really strong.
It would be strong for a non-press car!!:D Sorry i couldnt help it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be strong for a non-press car!!:D Sorry i couldnt help it :rolleyes:
no to bash ferrari but their 2012 458 is really only as strong as an SLS. this is our test with a spider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX-P1KeLP8s&list=UUEKDQogLkPShvYwlf9D4CxQ&index=3&feature=plcp

the 2010 458 we tested got left behind by the SLS so indeed there were updates done to the latest 458 to make it faster. in sum 570SL>SLS>= '12 458. but all of them get left behind by the MP4 with no power upgrade. these are real customer cars.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There are two kinds of F-car performance tests:
1. The tests that use juiced factory-provided cars
2. The tests that use regular customer cars.
We used a lot of forum bandwidth on this topic, including the fact that Fiat/Ferrari will black list any journalist who writes about a test that includes a non-factory-provided Ferrari.
The Takeway: If Fiat will sell you a juiced 458, it might be almost as good as a 12C. Otherwise, feggada 'bout it. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts