McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the track on saturday and the car is just awesome!
obviously better driving will improve track times, but do you guys think better tires (Michelin Cup Tires), more aggresive alignment, etc would contribute?
my car is going to the dealer and im getting all fluids changed out and race exhaust installed.
anything else reccomended for the track?

·
Registered
313 Posts
At the McLaren trackday at Silverstone, I discussed corsa tyres, but if you go that route they will wear much quicker, and there is minimal advantage (undetectable). The Pirelli technician did not advise to use other than standard tyres. What counts is your skill and learning the track, not the tyres! Likewise different (non Mclaren) wheels will not work properly with the electronics. Mclaren have already done all that work for you. Alternatively there are some second hand GT3' 12cs for sale at the moment, if you really need more speed!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Boy oh boy your opening up a real can a worms with that statement. Tires can make a world of difference and with out a doubt your driving ability. I can't wait to see the postings that are going to follow. On top of which this bias recommendation or lack there of is provided by a Pirelli representative. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Of course, the biggest problem is always sitting behind the steering wheel :D BUT as extreme already pointed out, better tires *can* make a huge difference.

Maybe not in case of the Corsa as it is one of the slowest semi slicks on the market and it is dissapointing (altough somewhat understandable) that McLaren went the Pirelli route but did not include the Trofeo.

PS: Dörr Motorsport's MP4-12C running Pirelli Trofeo R achieved a 7.20 min at the 'Ring end of last year.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts