McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just traded my CGT into mclaren philly. Chad has been OUTSTANDING! ill have my car after update in 2 weeks. i went with race orange w/blk alcantara int.
any tips/advice for a newbie?
thx guys!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
i just traded my CGT into mclaren philly. Chad has been OUTSTANDING! ill have my car after update in 2 weeks. i went with race orange w/blk alcantara int.
any tips/advice for a newbie?
thx guys!
wow, congrats! first CGT traded for a 12C that I've heard of. Did you snag a coupe or are they delivering Spiders already?

advice? depress throttle pedal. hold the f--- on. :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
wow, congrats! first CGT traded for a 12C that I've heard of. Did you snag a couple or are they delivering Spiders already?

advice? depress throttle pedal. hold the f--- on. :)
LOL, it is as simple as that!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought a new 12' coupe and have a spider on order.
i cant wait to drive it!

·
Owner
893 Posts
i bought a new 12' coupe and have a spider on order.
i cant wait to drive it!
Congrats!! :)
So, Mac 1 ..... Did you get the much talked about discount?
People are blabbing about all the discounts that dealers are offering ..... I'm just wondering if it is actually true, or just internet hogwash.:confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congrats!! :)
So, Mac 1 ..... Did you get the much talked about discount?
People are blabbing about all the discounts that dealers are offering ..... I'm just wondering if it is actually true, or just internet hogwash.:confused:
Indeed, congrats!! I too would be keen to know if any extraordinary discounts were at play?:cool:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the huge discounts that people talk about are non-existant. i called everywhere.
i think mclaren has a handle on this now (especially with the new updates available for 12' models)
the coupe and incoming spider are both orange with different options/MSO details. ill post pics when i receive both.
CGT in showroom with Mac behind getting ready for update and shipping!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
First of all Congratulations!!! You will love the car.

2nd: I would love for you to do a detailed review of the car and compare it to the CGT after you put 1000 or so miles on the car. I was debating between the two and went with the 12C. I haven't regretted the decision.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Congrats!

I have to admit though I have a not so secret hankering for the CGT and while the 12c is brilliant, personally I would have placed the CGT on a level above it. As above would love to hear your thoughts comparing the 2.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Having driven the CGT on track (briefly) and owning the 12C, they are very very close on track. The 12C has more torque down low and that makes it slightly faster. The CGT is slightly more nimble but this is offset once you learn to reliably engage brake steer.

Off the track, no question, the 12C rides far better and is far more practical.

The engine in the CGT sounds better, for those who care about such things. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Surprising (to me) that you'd want two 12Cs as opposed to a CGT and a 12C. Trading the CGT for the 12C, or vice versa -- -- I would understand. But the decision you've made is really interesting. Anything more you can say about it? Just idle curiosity on my part.

Congratulations on your acquiring the two 12Cs. I think Papaya Orange and Black, as you've selected, is the very best color combo. [I remember Bruce and Denny back in the day, so I am biased.]

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Congratz' on the acquisition & the "purist" motif on the MP4-12C, it'll definitely be a head-turner! :cool:

I know for me, it would've been very-very challenging to part w/ a Carrera-GT! :eek:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Have been reading these last 10 or so posts thinking I'd woken up in crazy world. Who in their right minds thinks a CGT is even anything to try to compare to a 12C? It's not apples/oranges, it's apples/basketballs!

I even had this extended dissertation pointing out all the differences and taking you all to task for even suggesting this!

And then I realized you were talking about Carrera GT. Not Continental GT.

Carry on.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase but im afraid unless you are planning mega miles in the 12c , you will miss the cgt big time . Its on another level to the 12c im afraid .

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Having driven the CGT on track (briefly) and owning the 12C, they are very very close on track. The 12C has more torque down low and that makes it slightly faster. The CGT is slightly more nimble but this is offset once you learn to reliably engage brake steer.

Off the track, no question, the 12C rides far better and is far more practical.

The engine in the CGT sounds better, for those who care about such things. :)
I suggest you need more time in the CGT , you need a lot of time in a GT to get the best out of it . Also the stock settings are very , very safe from the factory ( us cars even worse ) . It is on another planet for involvement and fun than the 12c . Not even close . I am not convinced the 12c is faster somewhere like silverstone or spa either ( though it will be close ) , tight circuits like brands etc , I think the 12c is faster .
Ill know soon enough as i am planning to test back to back at spa in the summer and will post opinion and v box times / vids .

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i put 2k miles on my cgt and 400 on my mp4. im having 10x more fun with my Mac!
the only thing i miss is the sound... lol

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not to mention the depreciation. CGT's are holding steady, and have actually risen in value from where they were in the last couple of years.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts