McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at picking up an MP4, looking at the window sticker on a 2012 it says Premium Merdian Surround Sound Package: $4,795.

Does this package include IRIS when it's available during the updates?

I can find this option in the PDFs I download here on the forums, I just see the $6,850 option listed as IRIS and Merdian Surround Sound...

thanks!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Looking at picking up an MP4, looking at the window sticker on a 2012 it says Premium Merdian Surround Sound Package: $4,795.

Does this package include IRIS when it's available during the updates?

I can find this option in the PDFs I download here on the forums, I just see the $6,850 option listed as IRIS and Merdian Surround Sound...

thanks!
It comes as a complete package, in other words all in one. Cheers....??

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I was just confused since the window sticker on the car doesn't say IRIS and the price was lower...

deposit on the car, should have it next week! :)

exactly all or nothing.
fikse, can we change your status to owner?!
spill the beans!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry for the silly question but what is IRIS?

·
Registered
232 Posts
They dropped the price on IRIS by a few thousand dollars in the US market any how. Likely trying to offset some of the shortcomings relative to its original description. In my case, the order had the original price, and the delivery came in lower. The right thing to do, but nice to see none the less.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
They dropped the price on IRIS by a few thousand dollars in the US market any how. Likely trying to offset some of the shortcomings relative to its original description. In my case, the order had the original price, and the delivery came in lower. The right thing to do, but nice to see none the less.
Yes but I'm sure that those short comings will be resolved at some point and time. All the best with your Mac acquisition. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The system is complete garbage. Navigation still does not work. Will not steam Blu-Tooth music from my Iphone 4s. Will not play my Ipod touch songs when connected through the USB cable, but will play Pandora when connected the same way on my 4S. It shows my Ipod playlists and songs, but will not play any of them? What gives? Does anyone run any tests before releasing this stuff?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The system is complete garbage. Navigation still does not work. Will not steam Blu-Tooth music from my Iphone 4s. Will not play my Ipod touch songs when connected through the USB cable, but will play Pandora when connected the same way on my 4S. It shows my Ipod playlists and songs, but will not play any of them? What gives? Does anyone run any tests before releasing this stuff?
Hey Mark maybe there's a wire loose which could be the reason for your rattling noise, just a thought. Did you go smoke that doodie yet. Lol.....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Before you became a believer I seem to remember you telling us all not to worry about such minor issues and just enjoy the car for what it was designed, performance driving.

Ignore the nav and sound system and enjoy the driving :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Before you became a believer I seem to remember you telling us all not to worry about such minor issues and just enjoy the car for what it was designed, performance driving.

Ignore the nav and sound system and enjoy the driving :D
Am I connectIng to the wrong plug? Do you hook the Ipod to the mini headphone plug, or to the USB plug?

Well I meant ignore it until the update, now that I own one, I am of course pissed it still does not work as promised.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mark, something is off, even before the updates, a cable would run my I Phone or I Touch no problem. Check the cable running into the center console or call the dealership, this does not sound right. Mine worked immediately and with V10 Update the Meridian has even better with my phone. I don't run songs off bluetooth but off the cable in the center console. The Blue Tooth with phone is perfect. As far as Navigation, I have only used it for the Maps so far.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Am I connectIng to the wrong plug? Do you hook the Ipod to the mini headphone plug, or to the USB plug?

Well I meant ignore it until the update, now that I own one, I am of course pissed it still does not work as promised.
As Jerry mentioned just enjoy the ride, I very rarely use the nav or stereo in my car. I much rather listen to the beautiful sounds that all of my cars make. Life's to f..king short to get pissed off, once again go smoke a doobie it is legal now in Washington isn't it. Lol....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Agreed, iPod touch has worked via the USB cable all of the time.

Worth noting that my ancient iPod would not work at all (one of the original video ones with the wheel controller) so it gave me an excuse to upgrade. Cannot imagine many folks still have these.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Mark, something is off, even before the updates, a cable would run my I Phone or I Touch no problem. Check the cable running into the center console or call the dealership, this does not sound right. Mine worked immediately and with V10 Update the Meridian has even better with my phone. I don't run songs off bluetooth but off the cable in the center console. The Blue Tooth with phone is perfect. As far as Navigation, I have only used it for the Maps so far.
Which cable should allow audio with a 32gb Ipod touch? I see my playlists and songs, but no audio plays? I am using Ipod cable to USB cable. There are other cables available, stereo out through headphone jack to the stereo mini plug inside the console, or a split cable made by QVC that has a standard Ipod connection on one side, and a dual USB stereo mini plug cable on the other side, this supposedly adds audio and charging simultaneously.

Strange my 4S allows sound through USB connection, but not my Ipod Touch. I also upgraded my Ipod touches software, but still no audio through USB. :mad:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Which cable should allow audio with a 32gb Ipod touch? I see my playlists and songs, but no audio plays? I am using Ipod cable to USB cable. There are other cables available, stereo out through headphone jack to the stereo mini plug inside the console, or a split cable made by QVC that has a standard Ipod connection on one side, and a dual USB stereo mini plug cable on the other side, this supposedly adds audio and charging simultaneously.

Strange my 4S allows sound through USB connection, but not my Ipod Touch. I also upgraded my Ipod touches software, but still no audio through USB. :mad:
The standard Apple USB cable into the USB socket should work, I'm using a 32 gb iPod touch like this. All playlists, all album artwork etc work without problem.

Edit .... Your iPod will charge via this cable also, no other connection required for this.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The standard Apple USB cable into the USB socket should work, I'm using a 32 gb iPod touch like this. All playlists, all album artwork etc work without problem.

Edit .... Your iPod will charge via this cable also, no other connection required for this.
Well, does not work in my car. Wondering if I should not have asked for the newly released Nav. Software. Seems others have had no problem entering an address, where I cannot even enter my own home. Will call Alessandro tomorrow, and go see Lee's car down in Cali to see how his is working.

Oh well, put 130 miles on the car in 2 days, yesterday does not count because it rained all day. Car sure loves breaking traction in 2nd. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts