McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
C A R B O N
345 Posts
For a pre-peg the weave seems a little wavy on a simple item like the tailpipe finishers. I don’t see any added notes to deal with the heat effects to the resin for that application

I am a little suspect of the "ram air" version of the rear circumference vent, pic. 1. The upper 1/2 of the panel that sits over the x-pipe or resonator is covered. This could be a big issue especially under excess use and long idling where heat load builds. Also no notes about temp issues in a 400+/- degree area.

David

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
For a pre-peg the weave seems a little wavy on a simple item like the tailpipe finishers. I don’t see any added notes to deal with the heat effects to the resin for that application

I am a little suspect of the "ram air" version of the rear circumference vent, pic. 1. The upper 1/2 of the panel that sits over the x-pipe or resonator is covered. This could be a big issue especially under excess use and long idling where heat load builds. Also no notes about temp issues in a 400+/- degree area.

David

How are your bits coming along David?? :)

·
C A R B O N
345 Posts
How are your bits coming along David?? :)
Thanks for asking Andy,

Turning veins due in 2 weeks. Hood and rear vent panel due in later Sept. Air brake and diffuser are in the works. Looking to make it 2 pieces instead of the singe style like RevoZ so the top cover only can be installed. Vented fenders and Rear circumference panel have been test fitted, ready to go. Tail pipe finishers and rear hatch louver covers we have here. Shifter paddles have been shifted to the back burner for the moment due to some 981,987 and 991 P-car stuff.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts