McLaren Life banner

Mp4 Carbon Hood !

4K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Walt of Destiny 
#1 ·
#18 ·
Hey to each his own, I love CF but it needs to be done right, as stated by C612 and depicted on the Pagani which is beautifully done by the way. The boys at Woking do a great job as well with the CF components they produce. Which translates into one word expensive followed by another appropriate a well suited word exclusive. When I was in Monte Carlo a couple of weeks ago my daughter took a picture of this Aventador, it's definitely not my cup of tea. As Jimmy stated at Pfaff it looks like a freaking shovel, now that's what I call yuckity, yuck, yuck, yuck.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Lamborghini aventador

#19 · (Edited)
Yeah, that Aventador looks like shit.

CF is no different than paint imo. Would you randomly paint parts of a car a different color? Probably not. As such, putting CF in random spots doesn't look good either.

CF can look good, but I think an amazing paint/paint scheme is always better than CF. The best looking cars I've ever seen always had paint, not bare CF.

If I was buying a Zonda, I'd ask for a discount. I don't care if the weave lines up because I'm painting over it. Just cut my labor costs :D

#23 ·
C612 I'm under the impression that some of these babes do wear sweat pants and hoodies maybe not on the catwalk or for that matter in the VS publication. Now of course once you take that above mentioned sh.t off, voila you have what you've always dreamed of a sexy woman in lingerie and of course a sexy car in exclusively/tastefully done CF. Cheers.....??

#24 ·
I'd say this is one of those issues that is very subjective and a matter of preference. I'm generally in the "don't like the look of CF" camp but can appreciate those that like it. I have seen it done well and can appreciate it even though it's not my cup of tea.

That said, the stark contrast of the hood without much more to the theme is akin to having the car just having a randomly different color, and, not my cup of tea.

But that's what's great, it is someone else's fancy, and if it makes them happy, good for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.