McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ask them it is autoklave and not wet lay up, pure carbon..not gfk or so they can made also special things :)) i will post a picture from my car after i install all the parts ;)) :D

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
CF hoods look ugly on everything. Indeed the definition of ricey.
I think it depends on the build quality - Aston will make a Vanquish at 3x the price in all CF.

Funny thing is when they get finished with coatings it weighs more than stock.

Pagani does it right - be interesting to see Mclarens close up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
They did the entire car which would be ok to me but just the hood on a contrast colored car, no.
I completely agree on a contrasting color - added door handles and gas cap to the 16M and looking for a cf rear deck :) You have to look closely to see the cf on my mac which is why IMO it would look even better.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey to each his own, I love CF but it needs to be done right, as stated by C612 and depicted on the Pagani which is beautifully done by the way. The boys at Woking do a great job as well with the CF components they produce. Which translates into one word expensive followed by another appropriate a well suited word exclusive. When I was in Monte Carlo a couple of weeks ago my daughter took a picture of this Aventador, it's definitely not my cup of tea. As Jimmy stated at Pfaff it looks like a freaking shovel, now that's what I call yuckity, yuck, yuck, yuck.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375017954.383365.jpg

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Yeah, that Aventador looks like shit.

CF is no different than paint imo. Would you randomly paint parts of a car a different color? Probably not. As such, putting CF in random spots doesn't look good either.

CF can look good, but I think an amazing paint/paint scheme is always better than CF. The best looking cars I've ever seen always had paint, not bare CF.

If I was buying a Zonda, I'd ask for a discount. I don't care if the weave lines up because I'm painting over it. Just cut my labor costs :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts