McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Much more entertaining especially the Jaguar - Vette ad was done by a dealer if one reads below and explains how they chose the Mclaren.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I kept staring at the McLaren the entire time. No doubt the C7 is a nice car, just in a different league in my biased opinion.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yet again the MP4 is being used again as a direct threat to another brand.....
Personally I'm happy, it seems I have chosen the car from "the darkside" and all the Worlds sports car makers see my macca as the car to compare itself against.

Not bad for a car that didn't exist 3 years ago. Great publicity.

·
Registered
163 Posts
WAKE UP Corvette ^___^ theres a slight bend a mile ahead .....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It's a good ad. Good for corvette/dealer. Any reaction they get to this is free buzz. The C7 is a nice car, bang for buck it's that and the WRX STi that are top of the heap. It's of course ridiculous, but from a marketing angle, a good play.

Got us talking about it for example. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
As an owner of a 12c and a new C7 stringray, I must say that the C7 is a very good ride both on the track and as a daily driver. My 12c however is just a fantastic car period. The C7 is gripping on the track while the 12c is super fast and so smooth in and out of curves. The 12c eats the c7 for lunch on the track and as a daily ride. The c7 gets a lot of looks while the 12c stops traffic.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I predict the top C7 variant will outperform the current 12C. The current ZR1 is pretty close, and my Z06 is also not far behind in all out performance. Fun ad and frankly a compliment to the Mac as the current benchmark.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I predict the top C7 variant will outperform the current 12C. The current ZR1 is pretty close, and my Z06 is also not far behind in all out performance. Fun ad and frankly a compliment to the Mac as the current benchmark.
i dont think so, the latest ZR1 can keep up with the 12C only up to 100km/h (3,2s), after that it needs 10.3s to 200km/h and 32.5s to 300km/h, compare these numbers to 9s and 26.5s for the 12C and ull see that its not pretty close at all.
the top corvette will be close yes but i doubt it will outperform the 12c, good times ahead.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i dont think so, the latest ZR1 can keep up with the 12C only up to 100km/h (3,2s), after that it needs 10.3s to 200km/h and 32.5s to 300km/h, compare these numbers to 9s and 26.5s for the 12C and ull see that its not pretty close at all.
the top corvette will be close yes but i doubt it will outperform the 12c, good times ahead.
Look at Laguna Seca lap times now. There is more to life than acceleration

http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/

Don't be like a Ferrari Kool aide guzzler. There are plenty of cost based compromises in Vettes, but not so much on performance. I stand by my prediction

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Look at Laguna Seca lap times now. There is more to life than acceleration

http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/

Don't be like a Ferrari Kool aide guzzler. There are plenty of cost based compromises in Vettes, but not so much on performance. I stand by my prediction
I think you forget that was the original spec car,i would suspect the upgraded version would be at the top of that list,not withstanding the cars currently there are the extreme versions not the stock DD :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
One big advantage to the vette are the Michelins. Good for an extra .15Gs. And one thing I agree on, you underestimate a vette at your peril. A good driver in a vette will destroy an "ok", much less a not so good, driver in a Mac any day at a track that isn't a straight line.

The vette's are great. It's not clear if there will be a z06 AND a zr1 variant. The may be a "z07" which will be somewhere between the two. Traditionally the upper envelope of the corvette was very high and good, but you had to be a REALLY good and ballsy driver to get there as it would go from the edge to past it and out in a spin very quickly. It takes a lot of skill to ride that razor envelope.

I hear the C7 is much better in that regard giving much better feedback.

The Mac, on the other hand, lets you really go out 10/10's with much more buffer between getting to 10/10ths and losing it. It lets you be braver, longer.

A new ZR1 *should in theory* be very competitive and beat the 12C (which will 4 years old by then), but then again, the new Lambo should have been faster and better, and yet wasn't/isn't. The 911 Turbo S should have as well, but seems to be a wash.

I'm not even sure the F speciale is able to beat the old 2011 Mac, so it's not as easy as it seems. I like the new scrappy cars coming out. It's super exciting to see everyone up their game. Time will tell.

·
Registered
239 Posts
you didnt specify "on track" in your prediction......
performance can mean a lot of things...
Power and acceleration are great, but only a single facet of performance in my view and if you want to just pick acceleration, then to be honest a solid axle American car with a power adder is the best. There are so many Camaros, Mustangs and Mopars out there that are 9s or faster in the 1/4.

But back on track it is flattering that the MP4 was selected as the king that would be concerned about the upstart C7.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts